Off Topic

i currently have a laptop to play football manager but its very slow due to being a laptop so im after getting a pc but want to make sure it will be good enough to run the game quickly and nice. there two i have seen and would like peoples views on them if they know anything about computers.

1-

ACER Aspire M5100 Desktop PC

Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core 2.2GHz

RAM: 2GB

Hard Drive: 500GB

GFX: Geforce 8400GS 512MB Ram

2-

Processor Type: AMD Athlon

Processor Speed: 2.40 GHz

RAM: 3 GB

Hard Drive: 300GB

Operating System: Windows Vista

Nvidia geforce 8200 integrated graphics

Personally I would not touch any of those using a barge pole. If you can check out ebuyer, overclockers or scan and buy one of their custom systems, or even better purchase the parts separately. Information on building PC's is available freely on the internet.

1. Don't go for Vista, go for Windows 7

2. Go for 64 bit and a PC that has 4GB RAM minimum

One: Laptops are not necessarily slow. I have a laptop, and it plays FM and all other games quite satisfactory. But yours is probably too underpowered to play FM.

Two: Those computers you are looking must be second hand. Because they have old and obsolete hardware (and software, if they come with Vista). They are hardly worth whatever price you have to pay for them now. If you get them for free, fine.

Agreed with the above.

Both computers are not up to date ones. They should run FM, but if you want it run nice and smooth and sexy, stay away from those.

The following link is in German, but it includes the best you can get for a PC on a €500 budget and the product names and categories are mainly English anyway

http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/praxis/1955515/die_besten_selbstbau_pcs.html

hth :)

Well, on that budget you'll get a PC which can run FM, but you'll have to have a fairly generous understanding of 'quickly and nice'.

So maybe a few ideas about what to look for:

1. You want a desktop PC as they represent better value for money in terms of computing power.

2. Computing power is what you want. No need for a great sound card or graphics card, as long as they are good enough to run the game (which they should as my laptop is 4 years old and running the game with no issues here). Look for CPU power and RAM. Try to get 4 GB of RAM and check websites for benchmark tests of older CPU models.

Archived