Steam: "Game unavailable in your region"

Hi. I live in South Korea and when I search Steam for Football Manager 2012, it says no results (even though it is in the auto-suggest list). And when I follow the "Buy Now" link from the recent email advertising the limited-time discount, Steam's web-site tells me this product is not available in my region!

So, my question is simple: How do I buy FM 12 in South Korea?

Thanks in advance.

From the FAQ thread:

Region Availability - North Korea, Hong Kong and China:

Unfortunately, we cannot distribute Football Manager 2012 in these countries.

You will not be able to find a boxed copy of Football Manager 2012 in shops or buy the game from digital distribution retailers operating in this country, including Steam.

However, if you would like to play this game, you can activate a boxed copy of the game (purchased from another country) and play the game on Steam.

From the FAQ thread:

Region Availability - North Korea, Hong Kong and China:

Unfortunately, we cannot distribute Football Manager 2012 in these countries.

You will not be able to find a boxed copy of Football Manager 2012 in shops or buy the game from digital distribution retailers operating in this country, including Steam.

However, if you would like to play this game, you can activate a boxed copy of the game (purchased from another country) and play the game on Steam.

I don't live in any of those 3 countries. :)

• 1 year later...

Im in South Korea too, and i bought a copy from Gmarket, unaware that the Korean version doesn't translate to English, just got it today, to say im dissapointed would be an understatement.

So if i get a copy sent over from another country it will still allow me to activate via steam even though it isnt a korean copy???

oh and i am playing fm2014 by the way

Archived