No option to make offer for a transfer?

Every now & then I scout a player, like the look of him & want to make a transfer offer to his club. There is no button appearing to do this. The space where the button usually appears is blank. I have no idea why.

The player is in a team in the same league, no unusual features about him.

Anyone else had this happen?

Any way around this?

Not co-owned, or signed up elsewhere. He is outwardly just a regular squad member of the club.

It's strange; the "make offer" button is simply not there.

Next time I will try to get a screen shot.

Is there a 'contract offer' tab up the top on his profile, and when you click that it tells you can't make an offer until another team has an offer accepted?

I've had this with a few players in the past and haven't found out how to combat it. Seems to happen with some staff too.

Is there a 'contract offer' tab up the top on his profile, and when you click that it tells you can't make an offer until another team has an offer accepted?

I've had this with a few players in the past and haven't found out how to combat it. Seems to happen with some staff too.

It's happened to me with staff/free transfers - if you offer a contract in the first place and he rejects you have to wait something like a week before offering again. If he accepts and for some reason (board refuse extra staff member or players failed his medical) same thing applies - usually within 2 weeks you're able to re-offer a contract. Not so good if you are on deadline day though haha!

Archived