How Would You Use This Player?

He's my main playmaker, and overall best player. I have 11 midfielders and forwards who are all about the same skill level outside of this guy, so I have a ton of flexibility when it comes to how to set up my tactics. Where would you put this guy, and how would you set up your team to get the most out of him.

There's also the option of selling him, even though he's valued just over 3 million, teams reguarly line up 25+ million bids for him.

Any help would be great

Marco.png

With those physical stats and mental stats,16 passing and 16 technique he would make one hell of a playmaker. Although his influence is low,but I think if the team is glued enough through preparation that won't make much difference.

He has a lot of acceleration so it would be fairly easy for him to get the ball from the midfield and carry it all the way to your strikers, maybe enough for having no need to use an actual AM.

Just make sure to get him "look for the pass rather than the shot" on his preferred moves,because with 9 finishing he ain't going anywhere if he starts trying to play the hero of the match.

I started off with him at AMC (AM - A) in a 4-2-3-1, and he was doing great. When I got promoted to Ligue 1, I was getting blasted by strong teams so I had to go defensive. I switched to a standard 4-5-1, where he played MC (AP - A). This worked great for two years, but now the team has improved to the point that I'm one of the stronger sides in Ligue 1, and using that defensive tactic had me leaving points on the table against weaker sides.

I then changed to a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers, and had him playing the AP - A in the CM spot again. This tactic however seems to be too attack minded and I get hit on the counter. So lately I moved the two MC's back to DMC's, so I have to move Marco somewhere else. I tried him at AML (IF - A), which worked well, but I have four very good wingers already. I also tried him at STR (DLF - S) in the 4-4-2, and even though he has no ability at striker, he has a 7.90 rating there in three games.

I'm just curious what you guys think would be ideal.

Well, you shouldn't be playing him as an AML regardless, since you want a player on his opposite foot from the side since you're cutting in to the field, so if he was going to be a winger, a AMR would be the choice. Personally, I don't really like to play players who are only good with one foot like "left/right only" since even as a inside forward you still do go down the line and get a cross off on occasion so I generally look for players who are at least weak, hopefully reasonable on their weaker foot. That's just a personal preference of mine though.

As for his stats, he has really good mental stats and passing ability so I'd have to agree that he'll probably be best as a playmaker, whether as an AP or treq or DLF. One thing to note about him getting a high average rating as a striker is that goals do count a whole lot more for that than assists so if he was getting extra goals by playing closer and by being the finisher more than the creator, it might be just inflating his rating really.

I will say that with his short height and weak defensive skills, it might be best to try him out as an AMC as a trequarista with that ppm to "look for pass rather than shot" that someone mentioned earlier as well as "dictates tempo" (high decisions/composure), "play killer through balls" (technique/flair/creativity) as well as some dribbling ppm, whether it be comes deep to get ball/run with ball through center/knock ball past opponent to take advantage of his pace and acceleration. Added bonus of playing him as an AMC or MC is that no retraining has to be done for his position of course :)

Hopefully it works out for him whatever you choose to do with him

He already has "dictates tempo", and he didn't score in his games at striker, he was just creating a lot. I like how he plays at AMC, but I can't seem to find a formation that has an AMC that works for the rest of the team, not sure why. I'll do a bit of tinkering and see what I can come up with. Thanks for all the responses!

For the other question, two guys I had success with are DL Mame N'Diaye, and AML Nicolas Benezet. Those two guys were succesful from French National, all the way up to Ligue 1. Other than that though, I didn't have much luck with my transfers at the low levels. I just looked through my history and I'm amazed at how many players I aquired that did nothing for me. Good luck with it!

Archived