Small thing I find frustrating

My guess is that if the club paid 8m for someone the week before you arrived, one good way to get fired your first day would be to give him away on a free.

Perhaps you could also sneak into the chairman's office and burn some of his cash while you're at it.

My guess is that if the club paid 8m for someone the week before you arrived, one good way to get fired your first day would be to give him away on a free.

Perhaps you could also sneak into the chairman's office and burn some of his cash while you're at it.

A good response, but firstly, offering on a free is a last resort having offered out for less and less money for ages and ages.... until even for free nobody bids. (By the time I've offered out for free, I've lost any sense of realism anyway and am doing it merely to test the waters... will ANYONE bid for a new arrival, even for free. No.)

Secondly, the £8mil was an example - this happens with any player that's just joined in real life, even if they were signed for no fee.

It's a mute point anyway. Even if the previous manager had paid £50mil for him; if he doesn't fit into my plans why should I be forced to keep him rotting in the reserves eating up wages and making him unhappy?

Part of being the club's new manager is to deal with players that you don't necessarily want. Try loaning him out.

I started at Liverpool and have a whole bunch of deadwood players that I can't get rid of, but I accept it as part of my job. It will take me 4/5 years to really make me feel like the squad is mine.

It definitely takes a while to make a squad truly yours.

The best thing you can do is make the players you don't want look attractive to other teams so you can potentially make a profit of off them.

A good response, but firstly, offering on a free is a last resort having offered out for less and less money for ages and ages.... until even for free nobody bids. (By the time I've offered out for free, I've lost any sense of realism anyway and am doing it merely to test the waters... will ANYONE bid for a new arrival, even for free. No.)

Secondly, the £8mil was an example - this happens with any player that's just joined in real life, even if they were signed for no fee.

It's a mute point anyway. Even if the previous manager had paid £50mil for him; if he doesn't fit into my plans why should I be forced to keep him rotting in the reserves eating up wages and making him unhappy?

moot* point

Part of being the club's new manager is to deal with players that you don't necessarily want. Try loaning him out.

I started at Liverpool and have a whole bunch of deadwood players that I can't get rid of, but I accept it as part of my job. It will take me 4/5 years to really make me feel like the squad is mine.

Good reply, just accept it's one of the challenges that you have to overcome when you take over a new club.

Archived