What is happening?

This is the first time i ever felt the need to post about football manager, I have played this since championship manager 93 on the atari st!

I don't understand what's going on in this patch, I can never go on a good run of form apart from the start of the season, I might as well not bother giving team talks as they have no effect and the results seem so unrealistic.

I picked nott forest and I'm sitting on the top of the table with 12 games left to go, surely people would start recognising the manager by now? nope they still have trouble motivating themselves to play with me.

All my results seem so sporadic, beat 2nd place team 3-0, loose to bottom place team 4-1, now I'm on such a bad run it makes the game so frustrating to play, loosing heavily to teams that are so bad... and at home, at HT i can do nothing.

I have seen others say the game was to easy before but i disagree, I think it was more understandable, you get in good players and choose a good tactic and the players did what u said. Find another way to make it challenging as I'm not sure what skill you need to change your fortunes in this patch.

In a way I'm glad as I won't be wasting as much time on FM anymore.

Guest narekmelik

Dude, it's normal. Look at Blackburn Rovers beating Manchester United. They were losing every game and then they beat one of the best teams. It happens! Overconfidence is usually the main reason for such results.

I've also noticed this. The few that works are telling them you're happy with the result, that they were bad or that they shouldn't be complacent. These alternatives work for 90% of the team (good and bad). The rest of them are useless. Forgive me if I forgot something.

It's the Championship. Toughest league in the world imo, where anyone can beat anyone. Losing to the bottom place team could be a sign of complacency. Something Forest seem to suffer with on FM. They have done since they've been back in the Championship. Have you had a really bad run of form yet? If not wait for it because it usually happens.

"I can never go on a good run of form" and "I'm sitting on the top of the table with 12 games left to go" -- one of these things would appear to contradict the other?

I haven't had a good run of form, I get good results overall but never in any 5 game period, not that hard to understand.

Dude, it's normal. Look at Blackburn Rovers beating Manchester United. They were losing every game and then they beat one of the best teams. It happens! Overconfidence is usually the main reason for such results.

Yer I get that, It's not unusual for a good team to loose to a bad team once in a while but it happens way to much on FM. Look at the Spanish / Italian / English leagues in your game, how different are they from real life? how different are the results?

For me the results FM produces are unrealistic, my forest team beats Man city in the FA cup after loosing heavily to Doncaster the game before, it happens but its been happening all season for me.

I get the point I'm trying to make is that I don't feel in control of anything in this patch. I might as well just put a tactic and simulate all the results as my input means very little. I understand reputation is the reason why, but for a casual player what do you expect me to do? I have to play 3 seasons just so I can enjoy the game? I don't have the time

It's the Championship. Toughest league in the world imo, where anyone can beat anyone. Losing to the bottom place team could be a sign of complacency. Something Forest seem to suffer with on FM. They have done since they've been back in the Championship. Have you had a really bad run of form yet? If not wait for it because it usually happens.

Yer championship is a tough league, so many fixtures. I axed most of the forest squad and brought in good replacements, I have noticed I am up 3-0, 2-0 at HT and then end up drawing loosing the match way to often, yet no player is playing bad. I just don't get it anymore

Here's a suggestion, have reputation like it is, but as you are going on a journey with your players have a 'respect' attribute as well. Halfway through the season your players will have more respect (or less) for you depending on how your are doing and your interactions with your players. Some players (higher reputation) will take longer than others to respect you but young players and those that you have given the chance of first team football to will warm to you quicker.

Its sounds like your team is overconfident and you are not managing the teamtalks good. Its ok to praise your players when you start to get good results, but afther a few games praising the same players can backfire, its common sence.

Its like that in real life too. When my boss is praising my team in the company I work for for good job and I know we have underachived I start to wonder if he knows what he is talking about. For some people it can be a lift, but I get demotivated. Or why doesnt he talk to me and expect more?

Archived