Unemployed and Go on holiday auto applying, future releases may include choice of country

This has probably been mentioned before but can't be bothered to do a search for it.

I am glad they have now given you a little freedom on what jobs you wish to apply for however I have so many leagues set to playable to have as many players and staff available to me. However the problem with this is when it comes to applying for jobs when you are unemployed. I always go on holiday and allow the game to apply for me however often come back with leagues that I would not want to work in.

Future game game releases would benefit if you could choose which leagues or even which contries you wish for auto apply to apply to.

I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, I run every nation & it's annoying when you start applying for jobs in Indonesia, Peru, Hong Kong, etc when you're a European manager with no history of managing in the lesser known football nations.

I like the idea :)

Never having tried it, how does it work now? Does the game stop when you are offered a job or will such offer also be auto-accepted before the game stops?

U can tick a box "return from holiday when job is offered", thats about it.

At the minute when you are unemployed it is easier to go on holiday, choose what sort of division you would like to apply for and tick the come back from holiday when application is successful so that you can have a look at it and make sure you want that job, however too often if you have so many leagues all as playable you can get offers from teams you would not ever apply for really. You have reject this job and set up the auto apply again.

I am saying that if you can choose which leagues you would want to apply for then that cuts out these offers and focuses on the jobs you are more likely to go for.

I think that this is a good idea too. Holidaying needs more options overall:

* "Call me if a major bid for a player or a contract offer for staff occurs" - autopause/return from holiday.

* Expansion of "Use current match tactic": A creative freedom slider for your assistant.

* Expansion of "Use current team selection if possible": Squad rotation slider + use of backup/hot prospect players slider. Minimum condition % both starting 11 and desired exhaustion for substitution. A "keep all players in first team squad match fit" tick-off box.

* Expansion of "Reject all offers": A % of base value requirement for both transfer listed and non-listed players, possibly by squad status. From 0-500%, 25% increments. In addition to "reject all offers" of course. I.E Key players: Reject all offers, Important players: 200% of base value autoaccept/call me, Squad players: 100%, Backups/decent youngsters 50%, hot prospects 500%, Not needed 50%.

I like the "country" option.

What I feel the OP is talking about is improving the "go on holiday"feature to get a job offer, not playing games whilst one holiday. This does need improvement. When I use this feature & (since SI leave me uneployed for ages) I seem to be applying for all manner of jobs & getting ridiculed for applying for too many. It doesn't seems to make a difference when you talk of only applying to higher clubs. I seem to be applying for everything.

A few more restrictive options for job applications would be good.

Archived