Mr Nobody to Mr Somebody (hopefully)

h0rn3r

Hi thanks for joining me on my quest to become a legend in the beautiful game. (please note that this is my first ever forum thread, i enjoy following quite a few members stories on here so thought i would give it a go myself! like my career it could be either be brillant or awful, so please be kind)

I have started my game with the following leagues running....

England Premier League - Npower League 2

France Ligue 1 - National

Germany First Division - Second Division

Holland Eredivisie - Jupiler League

Italy Serie A - Serie B

Scotland Premier League - Third Division

Spain Liga BBVA - Liga Adelante

im running these leagues on a medium database.

I've started my career in the unemployed, with no real career plans apart from two objectivies...1) win the champions league 2) manage my beloved Doncaster Rovers and take them to the champions league and the top of the english game......

updates will follow when somebody is willing to give me a break!:thup:

Good luck with Zwolle! Just a quick one, did you want your screenshot so small?

haha NO! my first time....the faults will need ironing out as i go along, hopefully the next screenshoots will be a little larger

Well after arriving at FC Zwolle Stadion on a £1.7k a week 2year contract, i gave my club the once over and i have to admit i was quite pleased with what i layed my eyes on. The finance wasn't in a bad way, attendences where good so shouldn't be running into the red anytime soon. To be honest i havent got a clue to how we sit bottom of the league, obviously something has been happening but im quietly confident that i can take the club into a good safe mid-table position this season.

My first game in charge is a massive one...AGOVV who sit one place and two points in front of me in the league. Im the home so i will be hoping for a big three points to start climbing the league straight away. Obviously with the transfer window closed till the 1st of January, i have a good three months to run the rule over my squad and spot the deadwood i will need to show the door.

finlt.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

54123317.png

fixcs.png

Oct Update

Well as i said on my arrival at this club, i could not believe that this team where sat at the foot of the table. My team have gone on to prove that my theory was correct too, after 3league games & 1 cup game i sit here with still a perfect 100% managerial record :applause:

oct.png

FC Zwolle 3-1 AGOVV Reekers o.g. Cicek (2) (JL)

My first game in charge was the highly anticipated bottom of the table clash at home to AGOVV!! 5,771 turned up at the ground to watch what was to be honest a tight affair which could of swung either way, even after a O.G had given us a 11th minute lead. Christiaan Cicek gave us a flattering 2-0 halftime scoreline with a 34th minute goal, he then got his 2nd of the game (also his first 2 goals of the season!!) on the 56th minute mark. Titton got them a goal back 10minutes later but we hung on for a very flattering 3-1 victory, which moved us above them in the league and of bottom spot!

Helmond Sport 0-4 FC Zwolle Ketting (3) Cicek (JL)

I went in to the Helmond game not excatly confident after the AGOVV game, even tho we won it was a game that was 50-50 and given Helmond Sport sat in 6th place in the league i was concerned what this game could do to the confidence that the last game had given my team. I was stupid to be concerend tho, its a game we dominated from kick off my only suprise being it took us till the 43rd minute to break the deadlock..Jeroen Ketting getting his first of what was a 23 minute hat-trick (43, 50, 66) Cicek then put the icing on the cake with a instant 4th on 68, these two boys most be out to prove a point with the clubs best striker (Norair Mamedov) due back from injury in early November!

Spakenburg 2-3 FC Zwolle Kililou, Bannink, Kerstens o.g. (DC 3rd Rd.)

A 3rd rd Dutch Cup game away at semi-pro team Spankenburg was the ideal chance to have a look at some squad players to see how my squad looks overall and to be honest the outcome didnt look to pretty. It was a ugly game that we never really had control over dispite taking a 1-0 lead then a 3-1 lead after they pegged us back. The only real pleasing thing to come out of it was to see young 18year old striker Ibrahim Kililou get a goal & a M.O.M award, the only other player to come out of the game with any creadit was CM Alexander Bannink, which wasnt any real suprise to me as the player on loan from FC Twente only just missed out on my 1st starting eleven team sheet with by a toss of a coin....he can now look forward to a few more games in the league.

FC Zwolle 3-1 SV Veendam Cicek, Ketting, Achenteh. Slot RED CARD (JL)

Confidence was high in the squad going into this league game especially with it being at home and the team sure delevired racing into a 2-0 lead at half time with a goal a piece for my to strikers Cicek & Ketting who cant stop hitting the net at the moment, its hard to believe that this team had only scored 9 goals in 11 league games when i took over!

I was concerned after just 57 minutes tho as midfield play maker Arne Slot was sent off for a horror challenge (when i said Bannink was going to be seeing first team football, i didnt bank on it being this quick and for this reason) the ban was quickly increased from the one game to three. Cicek was sacrificed for Bannink and the team went to a 4-4-1 counter formation, which was working a treat till Veendam got one back through Jansen in the 80th minute, i was really concerened that the storm was coming but my team once again showed me what stuff they where made out of by hitting one on the counter when midfielder Rochdi Achenteh scored 4 minutes later.

So in the space of three league games we have managed to drag ourself of bottom of league upto a more respectable 14th, with the league being so tight aswell we aere now only 5points away from 6th spot!!!

octlg.png

My Apologies for lack of imput over the last couple of weeks, but the missus put her foot down over the festive period....apparently the festive period is for spending time with the family, friends and loved ones, NOT FM2012!!:confused: (who knew!!)

Nov Update

FC Emmen 3-3 FC Zwolle Ketting (2), Maachi. (JL)

FC Zwolle 0-0 Fortuna Sittard (JL)

Volendam 1-1 FC Zwolle Lachman. (JL)

Willem II 2-2 FC Zwolle Maachi, Ketting. (JL)

FC Zwolle 0-0 Sparta (JL)

Two months into the job and still undefeted, but unlike the first month of all wins the second month was a month full of draws! I have too admit looking back it wasn't as bad as it felt at the time, but i knew if i could of turned just a few of those draws into victories i could of been right up there with a outside chance. Now tho i have to admit that this season is going to be a mid-table finish and prepeare for a good second season.

Also November saw a awful injury to my on-loan midfielder who has just started a run of games for me and to whom i was impressed with....

27686728.png

Dec Update

FC Zwolle 1-0 FC Eindhoven Ketting. (JL)

FC Oss 1-4 FC Zwolle Mamedov(2), Aafjes, Ricksen(o.g). (JL)

FC Zwolle 1-1 GO Ahead Mamedov. (JL)

FC Zwolle 2-2 NAC Breda FC Zwolle win 5-3 on pens Saymak, Kentelberg. (D.C 4th Rnd)

December saw a improvment in form for my team, three wins & a draw in the league and a brilliant penalties win against NAC who were sitting in 3rd place in the Eredivisie. The quater final draw was not kind to us tho....we just drew out a little team by the name of Ajax!!

Jan Update

FC Den Bosch 3-1 FC Zwolle Ketting. (JL)

SC Cambuur 2-1 FC Zwolle Ketting. (JL)

FC Zwolle 0-2 Ajax (D.C Q-F)

FC Zwolle 0-3 FC Dordrecht (J.L)

I really dont get this team, they seem to be like a yo-yo team...a good month followed by a awful month and Januaray was as bout as awful as they come! Four straight defets, only two goals scored, morale dropping to a all-time low. I wasn't expecting anything other than a defeat to Ajax in the cup but the 3-0 home defet to Dordrecht was nothing short of embarrasing!! So i finished with a team meeting with my squad to give them all a kick up the rears...lets hope that it brings a quick turn around in form for Febuary!

3mthfix.png

3mthlg.png

January transfer window....As there was no really funds of wage budget for me to play with i only made the three signings.

bolck.png

Free transfer, just 17 years of age...i think he has some potential to develop into a compitent centre back in a few years time.

frankq.png

another free transfer who is 31 but is better than both current centre backs so it was a no brainner really. Although after two games he broke his arm in trainning and will be out for 6-8 weeks!

antonio.png

only player i payed any cash for....a whopping 2.5k!! i felt i was lacking in midfield so im hoping he gives my midfield a little extra bite.

Decent work so far h0rn3r :thup:. If it wansnt for that nightmare start then who knows.

It was the nightmare start that got the other guy sacked & me hired!! i ain't sad about that :lol: but i know what your saying, hoping for a strong finish then a big season after the summer break!

Feb Update

FC Zwolle 1-0 Almere City Maachi. (JL)

FC Zwolle win but in truth it was a poor match...DO I CARE?!?! No! i was just glad to put a end to the run of defeats we were going thru at the moment. With injuries to two of my three main centre backs Bakkati came in at RB after a injury layoff and Lense moved across to cover at CB. On a positive note Achenteh won a well deseved M.O.M award which was paticular pleasing after being told by nearly all my backroom staff that he should be dropped due to bad form!

MVV 1-1 FC Zwolle Slot. (JL)

This game was the start of three games againts the bottom three clubs, with MVV rock bottom of the table. The game started well with us domanating possesion and really pilling on the pressure which led to Slot making the break thru, i really expected us to kick on from there and put the game out of reach but Ketting had a awful game, his form has really dropped off recently which is starting to become a major concern to me. MVV got back in the game early in the second half and we just didnt have the disire i wanted to see from my team to go and steal a winner :(

Mar Update

FC Zwolle 1-2 Telstar Mamedov. (JL)

Well a game we just got run ragged from start to finish, i cant believe how poor we played!! So two concecutaive games against the bottom two clubs and we lose both, defeat i can handle its the way we lost that hurt the most even at last minute consolation couldnt even cover the cracks in this game.

AGOVV 0-3 FC Zwolle Aafjes, Ketting, Mamedov. (JL)

This game started in what has started to become a usual pattern, AGOVV getting a goal in the 17th minute, but the gods must of been watching this game as the goal was ruled off-side!!

At half-time i had to take a good hard look at myself as a manager and change things, so i reverted back to the 4-4-2 i had started with as the 4-5-1 just wasnt getting the best out of Ketting and i really needed his goals at the moment. It turned out to be a great descision, we came flying out of the blocks in the 2nd half and managed to hit three goals, the first time we have scored more than opne goal in eight games!!

FC Zwolle 2-1 Helmond Sport Kantelberg, Ikililou. (JL)

We came out of the gates flying in this one, i couldnt believe that they hit us on the counter with there first attempt on goal...we just hammered them from start to finish, i was about to put my laptop thru the window when it was still 1-0 heading into the 90th minute. Then the magic happened (the reason we all love Football Manager so much)

comebk.png

SC Veendam 2-0 FC Zwolle (JL)

Just as i think my team can start to string a good sequence of results together, the team falls to bits again....poor performence, poor result.

Fortuna Sittard 0-0 FC Zwolle (JL)

A result i wasn't to disapointed with Fortuna are having a fantastic season and curently lay in 2nd place, so overall not a bad result.

endfix.png

endlg.png

Archived