Match fitness % / condition % / fitness description

Could someone help me figure out the relationship between the match fitness percentage, the condition percentage, and the fitness description? At first I thought it was simply a matter of a certain percentage of match fitness = match fit / lacking match fitness, but that's not how it works. I've seen lots of cases where two players both have match fitness of, say, 85%, but one is described as "lacking match fitness" and one as "match fit".

Now I'm thinking that the description draws on both the match fitness percentage and condition percentage - players with 100% in both are described as "fully fit", or "in superb condition" (what the difference is between those, I don't know). I'm not sure how the numbers are combined, though.

(I actually posted about this in the bugs forum a while back, but I don't think there are bugs involved. I just think it's a bit confusing.)

Edit: I actually think the number of matches played might figure in as well. I do wish SI could keep things simple sometimes...

I'd like to know as well. In addition I'd like to know what to do with a group of players whose match fitness has stalled in to 70s. I'm giving them reserve games to regain fitness, rests, rests from training, checking whether they need a holiday but nothing increases their match fitness (condition is 100%). They don't have low Natural Fitness, they are not jaded or injured. I'm baffled.

Match Fitness now shows a percentage and description, whereas before it was just a description.

A players condition is the overall fitness of a player, his ability to recover quickly from matches, effectiveness in training etc. Linked to his natural fitness, work rate and determination low stats in these will result in the player taking longer to achieve complete fitness. Lower the condition the more chance of injury in training and match

A players match fitness is an indication of the players sharpness in making reactions in a game and the ability to last 90 minutes

Well thats my take on it

There's a hidden fitness thingy as well. I think it has to do with the overall training level/quality at the club + stamina and natural fitness. Players may be 100% condition and 100% match fit, but they tire more or less quickly regardless of that, and that information is hidden. To me it seems like my players are more fit than the AI after half a season or so, but before that they tire more quickly. I suppose the difference is that I train them harder.

Archived