Finances - Can I know?

Just a thought. Is their any chance that we could have more information on the finances page in an update in the near future?

At present all I have is a tab telling me I am rich. But I have no idea how rich, am I £30mill in black or £100mill?

It would be nice to have a basic view of current balance (I.e: income, expenditure and balance. Nothing too deep). Just so we know roughly what our budget could be. It's hard to scout players in may and June if you have absolutely no idea how much you may have to spend.

Any chance of this being implemented? Finances must be in the game engine, I think it would just be nice to have a basic visual cue.

• SI Staff
Just a thought. Is their any chance that we could have more information on the finances page in an update in the near future?

At present all I have is a tab telling me I am rich. But I have no idea how rich, am I £30mill in black or £100mill?

It would be nice to have a basic view of current balance (I.e: income, expenditure and balance. Nothing too deep). Just so we know roughly what our budget could be. It's hard to scout players in may and June if you have absolutely no idea how much you may have to spend.

Any chance of this being implemented? Finances must be in the game engine, I think it would just be nice to have a basic visual cue.

I'll consider expanding this side of things HOWEVER do bear in mind if I do it'd actually be fairly unrealistic in real-life Fergie has no real idea regarding the balance of Man Utd's corporation, he's just given budgets like you are in the game .... and has to trust that the board know what they're doing overall when setting them.

I agree that managers will more than likely not be in the loop constantly about the clubs bank balance, but clubs are permitted to release their Financial Reports each year which includes all the important financial information so everyone involved with the club are able to the Revenue streams and all expenditures. Perhaps something like this might be good to implement into the Handheld device but on a small and simple scale?

Other than that I would like to see the clubs bank balance, I enjoy the aspect of earning a smaller club more money and watching it grow (or decline!!)

• SI Staff
Other than that I would like to see the clubs bank balance, I enjoy the aspect of earning a smaller club more money and watching it grow (or decline!!)

I'll consider expanding this slightly in a future version - but I don't want it to get incredibly complex or involved, I do think some charts showing how your budgets have changed over the years might be cool though ...

I'll consider expanding this side of things HOWEVER do bear in mind if I do it'd actually be fairly unrealistic in real-life Fergie has no real idea regarding the balance of Man Utd's corporation, he's just given budgets like you are in the game .... and has to trust that the board know what they're doing overall when setting them.

Are you saying then that the PC version is not very realstic because we get to see every single financial fact down to the smallest detail? :)

• SI Staff
Are you saying then that the PC version is not very realstic because we get to see every single financial fact down to the smallest detail? :)

The financial simulation in the PC game is incredibly involved and SI go to great lengths to ensure its as accurate as possible - BUT the visibility a manager has to it isn't realistic in nature (ie. in real-life the manager wouldn't have access to that sort of information in most cases, nor is it entirely applicable to their job as they have no direct control over such things).

Archived