Wasn't club reputation supposed to be adaptive?

Ok so here's the deal. In the swedish premier league there are three teams that start with higher reputation than the rest (Malmö, AIK and IFK Göteborg). All three start at 2.5 stars, and the others at two stars.

I manage IFK Göteborg and have won landslide victories the first 6 years (now leading the 7th with a record of 20-1-1 in 22 games). I have qualified for group stage of the Uefa champions league every year but two (the first, when I wasn't in the competition, and the third year when I was beaten in the last qualifying match). I've progressed past the group stages twice.

All in all, IFK have gone from a bank balance of about £2M, to a balance of £50M, and the squad is good enough for a mid-table finish in any of the european leagues.

My team is ranked top50 in the world, and are well into top100 richest.

The glorious adaptive club reputation system have now resulted in AIK being the only club in Sweden retaining it's 2.5 star reputation, where as Malmö and my team have dropped down to 2 stars...

WHAT???

PS. I'm sorry for all the boasting but I just thought it'd be prudent to show that I actually have made some progress with my team, and feel that the game isn't recognizing this.

Maybe the leagues reputation has increased and therefor you club star rating is based on the quality of the league. Example, Newcastle might be a 3star team in the premier league but they would be a 5 star team in the swedish league, without changing anything. Habe you checked the leagues reputation?

I am not an expert on how the ratings system works though, this is just a logical guess.

I had huge reputation problems with my game. I started in Serie C2. After playing in Serie B for 5 seasons and Serie A for 3 seasons, the club's reputation was still the same as an average Serie C1 club. That is just plain and simple wrong. I mean, through 524 matches I was an underdog for 522 of them, even against teams in the cup one division below. Every time I won or even drew, it sent shockwaves through the world of football, and I was just waiting for the pope to declare it a miracle. Because how can such a low-rep team win against a Serie A or B team? I ended up having to adjust my rep manually, to a very low-end Serie A level to not overdo it, so now I'm getting realistic odds, and some player will actually accept contract renewals, something that was unheard of for me before (they'd always want to go to a bigger club after staying for a season or less).

There is no doubt that there's a serious reputation adjustment problem in the game.

I had huge reputation problems with my game. I started in Serie C2. After playing in Serie B for 5 seasons and Serie A for 3 seasons, the club's reputation was still the same as an average Serie C1 club. That is just plain and simple wrong. I mean, through 524 matches I was an underdog for 522 of them, even against teams in the cup one division below. Every time I won or even drew, it sent shockwaves through the world of football, and I was just waiting for the pope to declare it a miracle. Because how can such a low-rep team win against a Serie A or B team? I ended up having to adjust my rep manually, to a very low-end Serie A level to not overdo it, so now I'm getting realistic odds, and some player will actually accept contract renewals, something that was unheard of for me before (they'd always want to go to a bigger club after staying for a season or less).

There is no doubt that there's a serious reputation adjustment problem in the game.

Ouch, here I was, just about to start a new save in the Blue sqaure to combat the low rep of the nation. Aparently that won't be enough?

I posted in the other thread so i wont harp on in here, but the dynamic rep does work, it just takes a bit of time and sometimes users over achieve and the game might not keep up, i have had huge success since the dynamic rep was introduced in terms of taking the SPL up to the second best league in the world, but it does take a long time.

Yeah, well I don't think the national league rep is a big deal (I mean, even if my team is great, the others still suck), but the team rep is just silly. If a small team from a small country suddenly becomes a regular feature in the Champions league, it should at least not drop in reputation!

I posted in the other thread so i wont harp on in here, but the dynamic rep does work, it just takes a bit of time and sometimes users over achieve and the game might not keep up, i have had huge success since the dynamic rep was introduced in terms of taking the SPL up to the second best league in the world, but it does take a long time.

It works sort of, but it takes way too long, so it doesn't work close to well enough. I don't think I've overachieved much, like I said I spent 5 years in Serie B before finally getting promotion. That should be plenty of time for rep to keep up. But even after 5+3 years in higher divisions, my rep was still that of an average, not top, Serie C1 club. It's just ridiculous when you're 2nd in the league near the end of the season with a great run of form and get 5-1 odds against you when playing at home versus struggling teams near the bottom of the table. It damages immersion. Then the media goes on about this incredible "Upset" when you win.

whenever i start out playing everyone in my league i use fmrte to give better finances and facilities to the clubs,am playing in portugal,i gave 50 mil to benfica and Sporting and 11 mil to the rest,both of them are using it wisely,Benfica actually stole an MC i was trying to buy by offering double the wage,and sporting raided chelsea for their left back.

It works sort of, but it takes way too long, so it doesn't work close to well enough. I don't think I've overachieved much, like I said I spent 5 years in Serie B before finally getting promotion. That should be plenty of time for rep to keep up. But even after 5+3 years in higher divisions, my rep was still that of an average, not top, Serie C1 club. It's just ridiculous when you're 2nd in the league near the end of the season with a great run of form and get 5-1 odds against you when playing at home versus struggling teams near the bottom of the table. It damages immersion. Then the media goes on about this incredible "Upset" when you win.

Exactly! When I'm winning against teams I really should be beating easily and the media goes on and on about what an increadibly fairy tale it is, I just get annoyed.

Archived