new scouting system

Scouts being sent to scout a country only to come back the next day having finished.

Surely the scout would stay in the country as there are new players coming through once a year, or just stay in thge country for a while in case he's missed something (which he quite obviously has after one day).

Anybody else think this is awful?

I'm pretty sure that it's a bug and i hope it's fixed somewhat soon, scouting regions will have to be the way to go for now.

On the other hand scouting seems to have generally improved a lot in my experience, the number of players spotted from all competitions increased a lot, it's actually worth it now to scout players from other leagues.

yeah scouting in general is improved ten fold - after my first season, I think I recall most of my scouts having 600+ reports to traul though, which is great because I don't ever want to use editors and scouting tools to find players, i'd rather find them in-game myself... As a result i don't even use the player search function anymore because it's more fun to scout.

With regards the nation scout though, yes - it's a big issue and you have to resort to region scouting, which is a bit rubbish (although with england not a massive problem because tehy spend most of their time there when doing UK anyway)... Although if I remmber correctly it only happens with scouts that DON'T have full knowledge of the area, so I guess as a fix until they release a patch, would be to use a scout that doesn't have knowledge of england?

The other problem is that, when you've already scouted a country the season previous, and the reports are a bit old and give ratings that aren't reflective of your current squad any more) when you have brought in new players (after a promotion season for example), then you can't just re-scout that country, but the region!

Archived