Player on clubs pesonal favorites after 4 games

You often read in interviews with players how flattered they were by the manager paying personal attention to them when trying to sign them in real life, so this doesn't surprise me.

In my FM save I'm a non-league manager who is an ex-professional player and look for youth prospects who'll start in my U18 squad. I often get comments at press conferences telling me that Lad XX was thrilled to sign for me personally. Then I'm on their favourite person list. I like that!

You often read in interviews with players how flattered they were by the manager paying personal attention to them when trying to sign them in real life, so this doesn't surprise me.

In my FM save I'm a non-league manager who is an ex-professional player and look for youth prospects who'll start in my U18 squad. I often get comments at press conferences telling me that Lad XX was thrilled to sign for me personally. Then I'm on their favourite person list. I like that!

no hes on my clubs favorites list

On my long term Wolves save on FM11 I bought 'The next Michael Owen' from Leicester - Martin Hawthorne (he also happened to be born in Stourbridge, just down the road from Wolverhampton). I bought him when he was 16 on Jan 1st in like the third season. Anyway, after a striking crisis (loads of injuries/suspensions) he was my only decent fit striker so he was thrown in at the deep end. He scored a hattrick on his debut and then went on to score a brace in his second game against rivals West Brom. Straight away he was listed on the clubs 'favoured personnel' list.

In all fairness, my other strikers came back and took over again. He ended the first season with something like 8 goals in 12 games. He didnt feature much the next season, before really starting to make a mark after that. He disappeared off the 'favoured personnel' list for a while, but returned after becoming a first team regular after 4 or 5 seasons at the club.

Quite good, and realistic, I think :thup:

Archived