Any on-pitch controversy?

Just wondering, some folk will have played FM12 quite a bit now, has anyone found any good incidents, maybe player fights or odd behavior, or maybe some personality issues that have to be sorted out?

Or is it just the old story of players being personality-free zones unless its a tactical decision or they want more money? Hope Im wrong but I fear this year will just be more of the same one-track minded greedy players with no life outside the game which affects their work, even with regens (who cant sue for slander so they can be as crazy as we like!). We're not playing FM for the controversy but these are based on human beings and not all of them behave like professional athletes! You don't have to look too far to find just how maladjusted some of them are - they are thugs, drunks, love cheats and morons and that should be reflected in the game more than it is IMO!

Like I say, hope there is a bit more of that this year just as a backdrop to press conferences and a few issues that need to be resolved with interaction, I look forward to hearing some examples (without spiling the surprise too much!)

Just wondering, some folk will have played FM12 quite a bit now, has anyone found any good incidents, maybe player fights or odd behavior, or maybe some personality issues that have to be sorted out?

Or is it just the old story of players being personality-free zones unless its a tactical decision or they want more money? Hope Im wrong but I fear this year will just be more of the same one-track minded greedy players with no life outside the game which affects their work, even with regens (who cant sue for slander so they can be as crazy as we like!). We're not playing FM for the controversy but these are based on human beings and not all of them behave like professional athletes! You don't have to look too far to find just how maladjusted some of them are - they are thugs, drunks, love cheats and morons and that should be reflected in the game more than it is IMO!

Like I say, hope there is a bit more of that this year just as a backdrop to press conferences and a few issues that need to be resolved with interaction, I look forward to hearing some examples (without spiling the surprise too much!)

This was stopped for legal reasons several versions ago.

Yeah I appreciate that mate but but what about regens? Surely there can be more work done with them and those more negative habits can be blocked off from the real players? I know it wont be consistent but it would make it more interesting.

If its the clubs that are getting so touchy about contoversial events being generated which are linked to them, I would ask which club has never had a fan run on the park or a brawl involving some of their players? They should get over themselves and we can have a better sim!

inb4 "Oh go back to playing USM" stuff :)

But USM98/99 is amazing...

I agree that the players are basically drones, and perhaps the newgens could be tinkered with, but on the whole it doesn't bother me. As long as they perform on the pitch, I'm not bothered what happens off the pitch. Look at Stan Bowles, he used to nip to the bookies at half-time, still in his kit! (I am speaking purely in terms of FM of course, and implore all pro footballers to use their loaf.)

Is it time to hack into the text files and replace some of those boring injury notifications with

"Out for three months while in jail for drunk driving" or "Out for two weeks rehab"?

Maybe a bit harder to get into some of the personal morale issues but "Morale is poor

due to failure of attempted superinjunction" would be quite realistic. btw I play with

fictitious players - surely that could include an option to ramp up the personality defects around the database.

I miss some of the old time thuggery and lunacy. I once (around 07 I think) played a Euro match

in Turkey; in the seventh minute one of their midfielders went in two -footed and got sent off;

another immediately punched the player who had been fouled and followed him to the early bath; and

by twenty minutes their centre back had picked up two yellows. With them down to 8 men, the match text

informed me that they were "in danger of losing their discipline". Happy days.

Or is it just the old story of players being personality-free zones unless its a tactical decision or they want more money? Hope Im wrong but I fear this year will just be more of the same one-track minded greedy players with no life outside the game which affects their work, even with regens (who cant sue for slander so they can be as crazy as we like!). We're not playing FM for the controversy but these are based on human beings and not all of them behave like professional athletes! You don't have to look too far to find just how maladjusted some of them are - they are thugs, drunks, love cheats and morons and that should be reflected in the game more than it is IMO

they could do it with regens/newgens after all they cant sue you if the don't actually exist irl

I'd like to see it with newgens with a lot of pre-testing of course combined with off-the-pitch "problems" as well (late for training, missing training, fighting on training, missing flights, personal problems, homesickness - some of these are either not in the game anymore or are very very very rare).

• 2 months later...

Can someone just name the "incidents" that already occur in the game?

I've just had homesickness of a player whilst in the previous versions I had players missing training, being late for training, partying all night, missing flights, fights in the training and so on. It was still with the newgens but it was fine with most of us I believe. Do these things still occur?

Archived