The best own goal I've ever seen

That's going to be hard to top :D

However back in FM07 I had just taken over a woefully underperforming Chelsea. One of our best players was a world-class but 20-eccentricity regen Romanian goalkeeper.

In my first game we were dominating possession against West Ham. Whilst recycling an attack one of my defenders kicked the ball back to our goalkeeper.

Inexplicably my goalkeeper decided to dribble the ball out of his area, heading towards the centre circle.

A West Ham striker ran up to intercept him. My goalkeeper slowed and jiggled in what might well have been a series of stepovers.

The striker, unpertubed, sprinted towards him.

My goalkeeper, in the most casual, disrespectful way possible, turned around to shield the ball from the striker and then before the striker reached him he hammered the ball in what looked like a clearence...

...but instead travelled 45 yards back towards my goal in a beautiful curling arc into the very top right-hand corner of the net. I couldn't believe it. If it had been scored by the opposition it would easily have made goal of the season. My exact thoughts were: Welcome to Chelsea.

I was so stunned and furious I Ctrl-Alt-Deleted, which is something I never ever do. A few minutes later I regretted crashing the game, and I have ever since.

Never seen anything else like it.

Archived