why i haven't enjoyed fm as much as fm09?

this isn't meant as a rant and is also a testament to how good fm07 was.

1. i loved fm07 for the amount of bargains that could be snapped up and would later become world class. signing pato on 07 was so exhilerating because i signed him having never heard of him and he later went on to assume a value of £26m and his goals were incredible.

jozy altidore was another one who i signed without knowing much about him and low and behold his value creeps up to £20m.

the criticism i have about fm08 with regards to this is there are good young players like saivet, piatti, buonanotte on the game but it seems that they don't necessarily develop, or they don't want to sign for a smaller club or they are simply to expensive and you have to be in a good financial position.

i know this is realistic but it does deduct from the enjoyment factor.

therefore on fm09 i would like the bright young players on the game to be slightly cheaper and accessible for more teams.

i am not saying we should have unrealistically cheap prices for players i just think fm coul use some artistic license to help smaller clubs buy younger prospects more easily, i.e. putting them in the player search as a realistic target even thought they are not that well known.

2) although i don't need to mention it fm08 has been riddled with bugs, in 8.0.0 the confidence issue ruined my game. in 8.0.1 the shots/goals ratio was a problem and it was impossible to sell good valued players even for free. 8.0.2 is better and i am happy with the current patch but i had to wait months and months to play it.

this isn't meant as a rant and is also a testament to how good fm07 was.

1. i loved fm07 for the amount of bargains that could be snapped up and would later become world class. signing pato on 07 was so exhilerating because i signed him having never heard of him and he later went on to assume a value of £26m and his goals were incredible.

jozy altidore was another one who i signed without knowing much about him and low and behold his value creeps up to £20m.

the criticism i have about fm08 with regards to this is there are good young players like saivet, piatti, buonanotte on the game but it seems that they don't necessarily develop, or they don't want to sign for a smaller club or they are simply to expensive and you have to be in a good financial position.

i know this is realistic but it does deduct from the enjoyment factor.

therefore on fm09 i would like the bright young players on the game to be slightly cheaper and accessible for more teams.

i am not saying we should have unrealistically cheap prices for players i just think fm coul use some artistic license to help smaller clubs buy younger prospects more easily, i.e. putting them in the player search as a realistic target even thought they are not that well known.

2) although i don't need to mention it fm08 has been riddled with bugs, in 8.0.0 the confidence issue ruined my game. in 8.0.1 the shots/goals ratio was a problem and it was impossible to sell good valued players even for free. 8.0.2 is better and i am happy with the current patch but i had to wait months and months to play it.

i understand wot you say ka-pa-ro mate but IRL clubs are't guna let there little gems or wonder kids leave for cheap mate and also mate ther not guna go to small clubs if they have potential to become world class players big clubs are guna snap them up thats way football is now,just makes fm more off a challange which i like,too many games are easy nower days fm is the perfect challange to me

i completely agree with you guys, i just don't get that enjoyment factor anymore, it's seems the only way to enjoy the young talent is to start managing with a top club, that way you can afford them and attract them,

i remember the good old days on fm05 when you could sign robinho for £4m + 15% sell on, dagoberto for £3m + 15% sell on, kalou £3m + 15% sell on. cavenaghi was cheap and amazing, now irl cavenaghi is quite good with bordeaux but in those days anything was possible.

the game is a little bit too realistic in the areas i don't want to be so accurate and not realistic enough in others i.e. goals from near post corners bug

i know wot your saying pal but look a robinho now he was just breaking on the seen in 05 and trust me mate theres loads of unearthed young talent to find in fm09 is just a case of finding them,if si were to make it easy to sign people youm would have messi playing for barnsley in league 1 and that would make game rubbish,and even with big teams now mate on fm 09 your not also able to sign all good young players im doing a league at moment with arsenal and ive put edurdo injurey in with the editor and ive been trying to sign another striker im currently on a bid for benzema of 30m cause lyon dont wana sell him which they dont IRL and this is wot i like about game it makes you work benzema is only worth 9m on it at moment but because hes a wonder kid and one of ther star players there taking me for everything ive got

So, what you're saying is that you want to be able to sign good youngsters for relatively cheap amounts?

OK, so if this is changed, would you mind if you were managing a club which had 3 or 4 great youngsters and other clubs bid only £3m for them?

I'm sure that would annoy you too.

i don't mean with players like messi and benzema who are already very established. basically what i mean is there are players that play for small clubs in small countries that accepted very low bids.

in fm08 i bought krizstian nemeth and balazs dzsudzsak for £100k each for shrewsbury,

i miss that factor because these players were amazing and grew into good premiership players and carried me up the leagues,

i loved it as there values grew, big clubs were interested.

it is inconceivable that messi would be playing for barnsley in the championship but not inconceivable that nemeth or dzsudzsak would be playing for a lower league english club at an early age.

yes but like i say mate ther are players out there its just finding them wot database do you use,

i have all english leagues well premiership to league 2,bundesliga.serie a,la liga,portuguese premier,dutch premier,SPL,french premier,then i load all players from brazil,argentina,usa,chile,ukrain,denmark,sweden,croatia,serbia,mexico,

and ive found loads of players,them more acctive leagues you rum and more players you load up makes for alot better game,just depends on power of your computer and wot it can run

i load english prem to league 2, french ligue 1, portuguese bwin, spain la liga and liga bbva, italy serie a and serie b, scotland spl, brazilian national, argentinial premier league, german bundesliga, dutch eredivisie.

i also load all players from mexico, chile, poland, colombia, and usa.

there shouldn't be any problem, there just aren't the nemeth's, dzsudzsak's, pato's and altidore's of the old days on the new game.

you can still find players yourself vo mate you dont just have to rely on scout,u cant tell me pal with all them leagues and that u have running you cant find new players like i say i have and thats looking myself not just having scout do it

think they did a sneaky move to get him asshole182 but that was when he was about 14 pal no one knew he would turn into the player he his now and remember barca youth acaddemy will be ripe with brilliant young players so losing fabregas when they did probley did't bother them as much as it dose now,i was refering to smaller clubs who have good players

I'm sorry but I really disagree with this. Especially when you said that the game should be made less realistic.

IRL a player such as Saivet, Piatti etc isn't just going to go to any random club. And why the hell would the clubs want to let these sort of players leave so easily.

This game would be so easy if you could just sign potential wonderkids for anyone anywhere. It sounds to me like you just want quick success.

And why should FM be "dumbed down" or made less realistic? It is a simulationgame after all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ka-Pa-Ro:

it's seems the only way to enjoy the young talent is to start managing with a top club, that way you can afford them and attract them,

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, you could be patient and take over a smaller team, building them up slowly so eventually you can attract these top youngsters. A lot of people will agree that doing this is much more satisfying in the long run.

How much did you win in FM07?

How much did you win in FM08?

That's usually the easiest way to decide why someone prefers one over the other, though there are exceptions of course.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wally13:

think they did a sneaky move to get him asshole182 but that was when he was about 14 pal no one knew he would turn into the player he his now and remember barca youth acaddemy will be ripe with brilliant young players so losing fabregas when they did probley did't bother them as much as it dose now,i was refering to smaller clubs who have good players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was the same with Liverpool's aquisition of Dani Pacheco from Barca - He isn't even that highly rated on FM but, believe me, Barcelona were DEVASTATED to lose him for next to nothing.

One to watch for the future (IRL).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wally13:

you can still find players yourself vo mate you dont just have to rely on scout,u cant tell me pal with all them leagues and that u have running you cant find new players like i say i have and thats looking myself not just having scout do it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you can find any player as good as krizstian nemeth on fm07 who would sign for a league 2 side i'll eat my hat mr. wally!

well ive just started a new 1 today mate with leeds and just signed a swedish kid called mikael lustig and hes got some really good stats,im just going by my game experience pal,but trust me there out there i never bought nemeth on o7 so cant comment on that

Just try something for a minute...

Go to the good player & team forum. You'll find a thread where you can download a couple of shortlists. One is for -9 and -10 potential players, the other for players who have potential ability above 170.

Slip the files in your shortlist folder in the game directory and then in-game, bring it up and click "remove unrealistic". You might be surprised how many on either shortlist will go to lower league teams.

Aside from this, there are literally thousands of players, depending on the database options your running, that can develop into good quality Premiership or Championship players.

So with this in mind, I have to disagree with the OP.

i agree that FM07 was alot better than FM08. true the wages and transfers were a little unrealistic but i still think it was alot of fun to sign a young superstar player(for a relativly small amount of cash), then watch him become an amazing player for your lower leage team!

IRL Pato was the second most expensive transfer out of Brasil with €20 mil, IIRC, so it's definately realistic.

it's true that it was great fun to hire players you've never heard about and develop them into world class players, but I think doing that is not entirely impossible in FM 08, and will be more satisfying if you do.

Archived