Can I only be a -general / technical manager-?

I have a small question for you all. I am not very good at tactics as I do not know a lot of the football tactics. I do really love and enjoy this sports, but I am a bit scared that if I buy FM12 I will really be crappy if I

coach the game and I was wondering if I can be the guy who hired the players, give contracts, etc. But if I can let my coaching staff do the tactics and stuffs like that? Is it possible?

Thanks for your time :)!

Short answer, no.

I know what you mean, I enjoy the transfer market much more than match days. I'd almost like to play "Director of Football" rather than "Football Manager". You can have the assman (assistant manager) do a lot of the work, or go on holiday when there are matches, making your assman do all the work, but it's not what you're looking for.

Well, going on holiday on matches does work pretty much like you say, although of course you dont get to watch the match that way. You can also let your assistant do a lot of the smaller things like opposition instructions etc. You don't have to be a tactical mastermind as long as you can come up with a base tactic and recruit the right players to play that tactic.

Archived