welcome to 'team talk manager'

Love the game, in fact its an obsession.

FM12 is the best version to date but I have noticed that success in the game seems to be about 30% tactics & 70% team talk/morale.

I love the tactical side of the game, but it now seems pointless studying opponents, identifying weakness and tweaking your tactic to exploit this. instead its about getting 100% familiar with 1 tactic then getting team talks right & then calling a team meeting when you get on a bad run.

not sure this is a move in the right direction.

I like it this way. Of course you need the players then a decent tactic then correct team talks. 40% players then 30% tactic and finally 30% team talks. I just let me assistant do the main team talk. Just leave it as normal/default 1st half and then usually go in for the kill and super attack the 2nd half.

Love the game, in fact its an obsession.

FM12 is the best version to date but I have noticed that success in the game seems to be about 30% tactics & 70% team talk/morale.

I love the tactical side of the game, but it now seems pointless studying opponents, identifying weakness and tweaking your tactic to exploit this. instead its about getting 100% familiar with 1 tactic then getting team talks right & then calling a team meeting when you get on a bad run.

not sure this is a move in the right direction.

Beg to differ, thats just one approach, the motivational way ( an approach some managers take IRL, like Harry redknapp)

I spend far more time outmanouvering the opposition tactically. Every facet of the game fits together, but if you are not at one part you can often make up for it if you are strong in another part. And tactical familarity is as important in real life as it in in the game. Take Inter at the start of the season under Gasperini, the players readily admitted they didnt know what they were supposed to be doing and it shows in their results

I have generally taken the demanding approach so far. Aggressive, passionate and assertive usually. Fine and drop players for not performing, lots of player interaction and reasonably hard training. I like to keep my players in line and together as a team. Tea cups will fly in my dressing room and they certainly fly in my bedroom too! So tbh I do like the tone feature, it's a very very good feature but I still believe it comes down to tactics and I spend a lot of time perfecting them too.

it all depends on what kind of a manager you are i keep it very simple in team talks, i stay calm and just wish them luck thats all i do, no tea cups flying about in my dressing room

The game allows you to succeed through a number of means and approaches, ive been able to turn round sides doing badly by succeeding on the pitch, as opposed to have constantly maintain. While you need to have some grasp on both (among other things) you can lean towards one end of the spectrum without being heavily penalised

Archived