What was the point of SI giving us a disk?

When you have entered the key from the manual during installation, you are able to download the game from Steam or install from the disc. Are you sure it isn't the last few files that are downloading which are needed to unlock the game. I think the total size was about 280MB or somethin like that.

I put the disk in, pressed install, got asked to open steam and then it asked me for the code and it's taking forever to download

I made the same mistake when testing Steam, I managed to request a download copy of FM10 by mistake.

I think the problem is that Steam does try to encourage the download option (not sure why) & by not reading precisely what I was clicking I ended up by-passing the disc install, when I tried again with FM09 I made sure that Steam was already running when I loaded the disc & I was presented with a different set of option to install via the disc.

A rather unintuitive system, having to make sure that Steam is running before install to be given the option of doing so of the disc.

You must follow the instructions on this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184711&viewfull=1#post7184711

if you do things right, then you will install the game from the disk. If you dont follow the instructions, then despite having the disk, you will download the game via Steam.

You must follow the instructions on this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184711&viewfull=1#post7184711

if you do things right, then you will install the game from the disk. If you dont follow the instructions, then despite having the disk, you will download the game via Steam.

Thanks for that.

So if I have just started to download and install via steam accidentally can I just uninstall and follow those instructions to install to my computer properly??

Archived