Suggestion - new subforum

we, the fanbase, like to think that threads like this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/24018-Wishlist-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-versions-of-the-game.-All-list-ideas-in-here are getting known to SI-people, and that our ideas are at least considered.

Its now 75 pages long...with no system in the suggestions at all...

How about a new subforum like the Bugs section where we post our future ideas in appropriate threads?

You could make a lot of subforums like GUI, Country specific, Graphic, leauge, database, general etc...

And then we publish our suggestions with a good explanation both in the header and post. And if other people like my suggestion, they problably would say "I agree. Good suggestion +1"...etc.

Threads with lot of answers means its a suggestion that have either good or bad measurement (maybe a lot says: "bad suggestion"...). None respons would say that few really care. SI-games would ofcourse look there once in a while, and preferably look at the most active posts...

Wouldn't that make it a bit more tidy? Sensible?

i think it would just dilute the posting.

i still think that the day they decided to have a seperate football sub forum was the day that OTF was doomed. very few new posts happen in there now, and i put that down to the fact that those that would post in football threads or create new ones, would also create non football threads in OTF. now that you can't post football threads there, people just dont visit it.

...just to eloborate a bit more. In that thread there is about 7500 suggestions...(or is it?). It has been open about 7 years, that means 1000 posts a year. How many of those has actually SI read? It might be a gem at post 4398 without getting a notice...

Suggestion number 1802 is a good one...for FM08. In a sub-forum it would plummit to the bottom because its no longer a good suggestion. If it was, then someone would have bumped upwards. Now; its just stuck at post 1802.

(I can only speak for myself but i am not hanging around in this forum to discuss Off topic, I am in here because of the game FM. News, Learning, bugs and i'm interested in future ideas/development. but i see you point in making a lot of off-topic subforums...off topic is off topic )

• SI Staff
And if other people like my suggestion, they problably would say "I agree. Good suggestion +1"...etc.

That sounds a bit rubbish though. The wishlist was originally set up because people were starting "Here is what I want in FM20xx" threads and just posting lists of modules they want improved. That doesn't really give much inspiration. It does get read through ahead of our feature meetings though and any useful ideas will be added to our feature database where they will be fleshed out into proper ideas.

I'd much rather see the kind of posts we have linked here that promote discussion and interaction which helps flesh out ideas - http://community.sigames.com/tags.php?tag=fm-suggestion

Since interaction and morale have also become such a big part of the FM series, I think we should have a Tone, Team Talk & Interaction Forum - and after looking around it doesn't fit under any of the other existing forums. So, since the whole footballing nation has become a bunch of emotional teenagers, it would be a good idea to be able to discuss (in detail) how we can deal with these issues... :thup:

hehehe, i get your points. Let this thread die. Nobody liked the suggestion; i can take this as a man :)

But i also got some clarifications; because i thought we were restricted to post suggestion in that 75-long-pages thread. But opening a new thread with a suggestion is totally ok, just as long as the suggestion is good. And you include an inspirational description of why.

Archived