Vanilla Demo

That's the highest download speed yeah, I only have BT Openzone access and I'm in a really over-congested area so the lack of a vanilla demo is very annoying.

Feel for you, that would **** me right off having that for a connection, sadly you need the third party Steam site to download it, so your limited in what you can achieve in downloads speeds, others with higher connection speeds are having to wait over 4 hours to download, really sucks in truth.

• Administrators

If your download is running slow we suggest reading the following - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276641-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues?p=7131861&viewfull=1#post7131861

However if you have a really slow connection I'm afraid there's not much we can do for you. Sorry :(

Well, in previous years I could download it in a manageable 4-5 hours, without the bloody Serbian Second Division or whatever when I just want England. Or I could download it elsewhere (at a relatives) and put the file on a USB stick. But thanks to SI forcing me to use Steam, this is no longer possible and I am really put off buying the actual game. All this to delay piracy, if I wanted to pirate it it would take so long FM13 would be out by then! I have followed those instructions, including telling Steam I am in London and not Paris, but it didn't help much. I can't even leave it running overnight as if I don't browse the net for 60 minutes I'm disconnected and have to log in again.

• Administrators

CLS, if you do buy the game on Disk you'll only have to download a very small amount when activating the game, it's only for the Demo you'll need to download it all from Steam.

Well, in previous years I could download it in a manageable 4-5 hours, without the bloody Serbian Second Division or whatever when I just want England. Or I could download it elsewhere (at a relatives) and put the file on a USB stick. But thanks to SI forcing me to use Steam, this is no longer possible and I am really put off buying the actual game. All this to delay piracy, if I wanted to pirate it it would take so long FM13 would be out by then! I have followed those instructions, including telling Steam I am in London and not Paris, but it didn't help much. I can't even leave it running overnight as if I don't browse the net for 60 minutes I'm disconnected and have to log in again.

If you know someone who has the demo/will be getting the game, they can back it up onto DVD and you can use that to install it on Steam.

Archived