Sugar Daddy domination!

So I'm Hull on my save, no sugardaddy for me but Man City and West Ham(tycoon takeover in 2022) just took the game to a whole new level for me, I cant really recall it being so hard for me before, and I've never seen 3 different teams in the same League score 100+ goals until the last season I just finshed, this year I just managed to get 2nd place thanks to West Brom scoring an equalizer at the 91st min in the last game of the season against West Ham, much joy for me!

But how am I suppose to have a chance to surpass Man city? I mean they seem unbeatable, I'm hoping that the manager is going to fail to find proper replacements for his stars, many of the players are 31 - 33yrs old.

You guys ever had this hard challenge before? I kind of enjoy it, because usually at this stage I would dominate every competition my team takes place in.

Here's the last season:

2024.jpg

The season I just finished:

2025.jpg

domination.jpg

In my FM09 save my nemesis was Sparky at City, it seemed that every season it was between the two of us for every competition domestically and the ECL.. Sparky's 4-5-1 formation crammed full of players I'd rejected as not good enough caused my 4-4-2 chock full of World-Class and Worldwide rep players some serious problems... I was always happy to get a draw.. if I won, I was ecstatic. Losing on penalties after said draws though... they hurt (but thankfully were domestic cup semi's/finals we lost..)

Man City really struggle in mine. Managers last less than a season. Man Utd are similar after Fergie retires. Start off strong, 2nd/3rd but then fade and currently I am in 2017/18 and Man Utd are languishing in 14th. Chelsea 15th-17th. But West Ham, Bolton, Stoke, Swansea even have all made the top 6 on a regular basis.

6 seasons on in my save and its between Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City. (Man Utd have won 2, City 1 and Arsenal 2. (am currently 2nd with Blackburn and Man Utd are first by a point)

Chelsea had a good-ish first season (2nd), but have faded off, Liverpool and Spurs are constant in the Euro places, with the occasional outsider (Everton and Fulham seem the next best) cropping its head up..

Looks like an interesting game, FM for me gets boring once you can dominate a big league. Should keep your interest in the game going for longer, how are they and you doing in the Champions League?

Well the Champions League, Manchester City seem to be struggling to achive anything. Their last time winning it was in 2018, and after that tear, Lyon wins it two times in a row. Then R.Madrid, OM gets it one time, then Man Utd and this year.... Me! (yay!) but surpisingly the last time an Italian time won the league was back in 2010. Yet the Italian Division A is the strongest in the world where Inter is dominating.

First 3 games of the season and Man City leads with 3 W, 15 goals and 1 Conceded. This is going to be difficult.

I find it weird that the big clubs that have dominated for years (IRL), just seem to fade into mediocrity. Still I prefer, as in the words of a great bad guy. "It's better to burn out than to fade away".

Well if you look at last season, the "Top5" are all there. It's just my team and West Ham in the way :D

I have had exactly the same problem. I have ended up managing Villa after climbing up to the Premiership after spells with lower league clubs, Worcester, Brentford, Hull, Bolton and Villa. Man City have become dominant in the Premiership, 6 league titles and counting. After 3 seasons with Villa I have led the Premiership twice only to be supplanted by City in the last month or so. To add insult to injury Mancini is intent on disrupting my players by constantly tapping them up in the press. Case in point- Chris Anderson 21, DM, fantastic player and Mancini is constantly trying to lure him to the point that whatever contract I offer he turns down but Mancini never bids for him and Anderson is consequently permanently unhappy with his future at the club- bad for team morale.

I am enjoying the challenge as in previous games I normally play for around 4 seasons, build a good squad and then dominate for the rest so this is refreshing but I just cannot compete with their pay scale- 195,000 per week for their new striker. I have resorted to finding Gems in Brazil and train them up, so far so

Stoke got taken over by a 'mega-rich' Mexican and Villa by another mega-rich guy from Russia, within 2 seasons of them not winning anything (because of me... Stoke 2nd, Villa 3rd) both announced they were withdrawing their funding. Hahaha. No sugar daddies for you.

Archived