2012 - Still "Classic" Tactic Option?

Gelbs

why does this keep coming up? I cant remember anyone ever saying they would get rid of the classic tactics.

I keep wondering why it is being mentioned, I have still not seen the thread with people suggesting to remove classic tactics either despite people asking for the link a few times. SI will not get rid of the classic tactics there is no need to.

If they take classic tactics out of the game, they would first need to do a whole new revamp of the Tactics Engine which will most likely mean a revamp of the Match Engine to be able to understand the new Tactics Engine...

in short, far too much work (at the moment) for what would be a major update to the game.

And anyway, how many "old-school" customers would SI lose if they took the Classic tactics out? I still use them and I know a LOT of other FM'ers do too...

Saw the new tactics video. Doesn't mention anything about the classic option etc still. Looks completely different. Never been a fan over real indepth tactics. Hope it's still there...

It doesn't mention anything about a load of other options either. That's because it deals with new features.

As has already been said, countless times, the Tactic Creator is essentially just a GUI over the Tactics Management screen to assist those who want an easier experience achieve their tactical aims.

There's no difference in output.

exactly they both use the exact same tools, the TC is just a heap of editable templates to make things simpler, same out put at the end of the day.

Archived