Does FM really need a dedicated graphics card? Nvidia?

CalumF

FM doesn't need a dedicated card as it can run via an integrated card fine.

Obviosuly depends on the integrated card as to how well it would run especially in 3D.

If you want a laptop for gaming then dedicated is always best as a variety of other games will need the extra power to run them on decent settings.

mine is just a built in one, how do i check which it is?

Easiest way to check which graphics card you have is to:

1. Click on start orb on windows (bottom left hand corner of your desktop.

2. Click on 'Control Panel'

3. Click on 'System and Maintenance'

4. Click on 'Device Manager'

5. Click on the + next to 'Display Adapters'

That should give you the make and model of your graphics card if it is dedicated or integrated (above is via Vista W7 may be slighly different but if in doubt click the start orb and type in 'Device Manager' and that will get you there probably quicker!)

Can the 3d match engine run smoothly without a good graphics card?

How good are the Intel 3000 HD graphics? Are they basic?

Does the Nvidia optimus graphics work fine? Some people are saying there are some bugs and cant play games?

I used the HD3000 graphics until a few days ago, as the game crashed at the 3d match screen.

But since I updated to the latest nvidia graphics driver, it has worked fine with the nvidia graphics (GT 550M).

And I have to say, I haven't noticed any difference between the two (intel and nvidia).

Easiest way to check which graphics card you have is to:

1. Click on start orb on windows (bottom left hand corner of your desktop.

2. Click on 'Control Panel'

3. Click on 'System and Maintenance'

4. Click on 'Device Manager'

5. Click on the + next to 'Display Adapters'

That should give you the make and model of your graphics card if it is dedicated or integrated (above is via Vista W7 may be slighly different but if in doubt click the start orb and type in 'Device Manager' and that will get you there probably quicker!)

start->run(or search box)->dxdiag(hit enter)->display.

Much faster

FM doesn't need a dedicated card as it can run via an integrated card fine.

Obviosuly depends on the integrated card as to how well it would run especially in 3D.

If you want a laptop for gaming then dedicated is always best as a variety of other games will need the extra power to run them on decent settings.

This reply sums it up perfectly- dedicated card not a necessity but recommeneded.

Archived