Income increase

Hello, I have a slight problem, I am making very well with Tottenham and I'm please to say that i made them a very good team, however every month i record a loss around 10 million pounds which is obviously unacceptable. Does anyone know what are the best ways to increase monthly income ?

You have to look at the bigger picture rather than a month by month basis.

My Arsenal save regularly loses 5m - 10m per mont during the season, however during May to August I will regularly make 100m+ due to Prize money, TV Money and Season Tickets and as a result, my balance increases year on year. A lot of the big money is either at the end of the season or before the new one starts. If you think about clubs in real life, season tickets are bought at the start of the season, with the full amount paid up front. These seats therefore don't bring any additional income in over the season.

If you look at the Season section of the finances you can see how you are doing, if you are losing money there then that is something you need to look at!

That glass ceiling is called "Non-football costs" in England. It is at least 4 times higher than in any other league I have seen.

But yes, if you play three home matches on average per month, you need to rake in over £3m in non-season-ticket revenue every single one of those games to cover that deficit. Judging by the fact that this sum is what Milan make in the Champions League when they fill their monster stadium to the last seat - and none of those are season tickets - I would think you need 130 000 or higher attendance every week to run with a monthly profit.

If that doesn't spell "cut the costs!", nothing else will...

£10 million a month is a big loss my Crewe side are always challenging for the title and have loses of around £2 million to £3 million a month. This doesn't matter at the end of the season the money is made back and then some. Did you buy many players on monthly instalments? What is your weekly wage bill?

It is possible to maintain success with selling players once you get a good offer. I have sold at least one player every season for four season for £30 million plus, I find it very easy on FM to replace them at half of what I sold them for.

You have to look at the bigger picture rather than a month by month basis.

My Arsenal save regularly loses 5m - 10m per mont during the season, however during May to August I will regularly make 100m+ due to Prize money, TV Money and Season Tickets and as a result, my balance increases year on year. A lot of the big money is either at the end of the season or before the new one starts. If you think about clubs in real life, season tickets are bought at the start of the season, with the full amount paid up front. These seats therefore don't bring any additional income in over the season.

If you look at the Season section of the finances you can see how you are doing, if you are losing money there then that is something you need to look at!

I second this.

The game doesn't do monthly accounting, you need to look at things on a year by year basis. If you have more on July 1st 2012 than you did on July 1st 2011, then it's a good thing. There is a graph on the finances screen which shows your trend over a few seasons, mine has a peak around May/June for all the prize money and season tickets, then a gradual slope downwards all year until it peaks again the following May.

Archived