FM12 Idea: Should be able to offer a contract to any player

After Eto'o's move to Anzhi looks to go ahead, it proves that no player should be off limits for any club. Afterall money talks nowadays in football.

I think in FM 2012 you should at least be able offer a contract to a player, rather than have them refuse you straight away. I think you can still keep the idea of 'unrealistic targets' but this should be developed more. For example, how unrealistic of a target is the player? Maybe have a percentage scale of how interested they are in your contract offer.

Just some thoughts.

Messi not laughing off a contract from my Leeds team would be so realistic.

In all seriousness though it is annoying when you can't even offer a contract to a player but that's the way it is sometimes irl.

Messi not laughing off a contract from my Leeds team would be so realistic.

In all seriousness though it is annoying when you can't even offer a contract to a player but that's the way it is sometimes irl.

If you had the funds at Leeds to get a bid accepted for Messi in the first place, then it would be worth a listen.

I think there was something similar to this in FM05? I think contracts weren't protected meaning you could speak to the player immediately and pay later.

I think you should have to pay first. But I think if you get a bid accepted for a player, then it makes sense for them to at least listen, after all their club has just agreed to sell them.

I was just thinking about that, defo need to make it more realistic where we see players like Eto'o seriously considering going to Anzhi and Zhirkov has signed for them already. Another important point is that some of the transfer budgets aren't realistic for example Anzhi's needs to be massive in FM12 which I'm not certain it will be, because I've yet to interact with the board over a transfer successfully once so that feature is not very good tbh.

I agree with this, I'd also like to be able to enquire at a club and ask for permission to talk to the player before agreeing the transfer fee. There's no point taking 5 rounds of negotiation to agree a huge deal, and then see the player refuse to listen to any offer. IRL clubs do sometimes agree personal terms with the player before the transfer is completely agreed with the club.

The thing you have to remember with Anzhi Makhachkala is they're run by a pretty dodgy bloke with a shedload of oil money, the only reason people go there is that he is offering RIDICULOUS wages.

So really all you asking for is the ability for a lower reputation club to offer sky high wages to counter that which really affects a tiny number of teams.

I agree with this, I'd also like to be able to enquire at a club and ask for permission to talk to the player before agreeing the transfer fee. There's no point taking 5 rounds of negotiation to agree a huge deal, and then see the player refuse to listen to any offer. IRL clubs do sometimes agree personal terms with the player before the transfer is completely agreed with the club.

That's why you have got scouting option, to see whether a player would be interested or not.

That's why you have got scouting option, to see whether a player would be interested or not.

But not just that, my scouting reports rarely give me an accurate wage that the player accept, so I'd like to be able to negotiate that deal with the player first, so I know whether I'll be breaking my wage structure to sign him, before I have to agree the complete deal with the club.

But not just that, my scouting reports rarely give me an accurate wage that the player accept, so I'd like to be able to negotiate that deal with the player first, so I know whether I'll be breaking my wage structure to sign him, before I have to agree the complete deal with the club.

Agreed! back to the OP, I think you are spot on. Why would someone not even be interesting in your contract offer without seeing what you have to offer first, something that definitely needs to be changed

my scouts get players wage demands pretty much spot on all of the time. its usually the agents who cause the trouble. give them a reasonable fee and stick within the figures advised by the scouts and things should go your way.

just because a club has money, doesn't always mean they are going to attract the best players. zhirkov is not a regular and is returning to a region he knows well already. as for eto'o - he has always been an unloyal moneygrabber

Archived