What happens with unused transfer budget?

I prefer to develop my own players but the board offered me like €40m this season and I haven't spent anything except signatures for free players and the agents. But if the money just disappears there is no point in not spending them - so I wonder what happens with unused transfer budgets? Are they saved for next season or added to the clubs value? Can they spend it on loans? I would never pay over €10m for a player, but if I'm forced to do it I will. I have gotten good players for free in 2011 and 2012, check this:

Asenjo, Coates, Bastón, Gavilan, Aquino, Thiago, Willian

When the board gives you a budget it is often only a budget. Just because you have £40m, it doesn't mean you have to spend it. If you prefer to develop players as you've said then don't spend the money and as you start to save money your finances may improve. Should they improve really well then sometimes the board will look to pay of some of loans if you are in a really good financial position :thup:.

What is? The board not paying off debts? It isn't imo. When a club takes out a loan with a bank or another financial company they will often have discuss and agree the payments of the how the loan will be repaid. If a club was making more money and paying off a debt then the bank or financial company would lose money due to the interest payments that wouldn't be paid.

What is? The board not paying off debts? It isn't imo. When a club takes out a loan with a bank or another financial company they will often have discuss and agree the payments of the how the loan will be repaid. If a club was making more money and paying off a debt then the bank or financial company would lose money due to the interest payments that wouldn't be paid.

Yeah, you are right. I misunderstood it.

When the board gives you a budget it is often only a budget. Just because you have £40m, it doesn't mean you have to spend it. If you prefer to develop players as you've said then don't spend the money and as you start to save money your finances may improve. Should they improve really well then sometimes the board will look to pay of some of loans if you are in a really good financial position :thup:.

Holy ****! I just got this message from the board:

"Valencia clear debts. The Valencia board have pronounced the club to be in the best financial health. The clubs good financial performance in recent times has allowed them to pay of the outstanding club depths" :D

Holy ****! I just got this message from the board:

"Valencia clear debts. The Valencia board have pronounced the club to be in the best financial health. The clubs good financial performance in recent times has allowed them to pay of the outstanding club depths" :D

Just how healthy were your finances?

I have 761 mil in my Arsenal game, and no sign of the board paying off our debts. I'd really rather just have them gone. Not because they affect us in a day to day way, but just... Because really.

Still, in 7-9 years they will all be gone.

I remember way back on FM06/07 i was managing tottenham and i didnt spend any money for about 5seasons, it soon accumulated until i got given £1 billion to spend. Being the cool guy i am i spent all of it on a 35y/o from the conference for no reason other than i could!

Funny thing was despite me giving them 1billion they still never got out of the division in the next 10years or so....

I remember way back on FM06/07 i was managing tottenham and i didnt spend any money for about 5seasons, it soon accumulated until i got given £1 billion to spend. Being the cool guy i am i spent all of it on a 35y/o from the conference for no reason other than i could!

Funny thing was despite me giving them 1billion they still never got out of the division in the next 10years or so....

...wow...

I received a bid of over a £1 billion from an AI club in mexico once. I have no idea why they did, because they didn't have the money.

I once put in a bid for a 24 year old midfielder from Braintree (they were in the BSP at the time). I think I offered £50 mil and got him to accept my contract offer then delayed the signing until the club rejected me (2 or 3 times I think). He got a bit ****y that they didn't let me sign him (ha!), left on a free, refused to sign for any clubs at his own level and ended up retiring because he "couldn't find a club". I think that was on FM09 or 10... Can't remember.

...wow...

I received a bid of over a £1 billion from an AI club in mexico once. I have no idea why they did, because they didn't have the money.

I once put in a bid for a 24 year old midfielder from Braintree (they were in the BSP at the time). I think I offered £50 mil and got him to accept my contract offer then delayed the signing until the club rejected me (2 or 3 times I think). He got a bit ****y that they didn't let me sign him (ha!), left on a free, refused to sign for any clubs at his own level and ended up retiring because he "couldn't find a club". I think that was on FM09 or 10... Can't remember.

Haha thats class, poor guy :(

Ive never received a bid near a billion before, thats mental. Strange its from a mexican side as well.

a billion?! i hope i'll see that one day :D
Pics or it didn't happen.

I think it was a bug or something. They offered me £3.2 mil + clauses and so I asked me for...

This is the thread, I posted exactly what the offer was further down (in terms of paymets).

Quote from that thread:

I can't see what the exact offer was because the board accepted it, but the "offer" that I ask them for was:

£200 mil upfront

£200 mil over 48 months

£200 mil when he plays a game

£200 mil when he plays an international game

£200 mil when he scores ten goals

£25 mil over 50 matches

+50% of next sale

...and a friendly!

I was actually really scared for a second that my board accepted a bit over £1 mil, until I saw the extra 3 zeros!

Quote from that thread:

£200 mil upfront

£200 mil over 48 months

£200 mil when he plays a game

£200 mil when he plays an international game

£200 mil when he scores ten goals

£25 mil over 50 matches

+50% of next sale

...and a friendly!

I was actually really scared for a second that my board accepted a bit over £1 mil, until I saw the extra 3 zeros!

It was the friendly which sold it to your board :D

Archived