FC Bayern reserves

if you notice, Bayern Munich 2nd team play in the 3rd tier of the Bundesliga. One thing which I think needs to be changed for the 2nd team like it is for the Spanish reserve teams such as Castilla is that the manager of the Bayern reserve team needs to make transfers. In my Bayern save I had no idea of who would fit the 2nd team and whether I should offer the contracts or not and thereofr after deciding not to extend these reserve team players contracts their team ended up with a team of all my youth players which is unrealistic.

Therefore I do not understand that if you are managing someone like Barcelona why the reserve manager is allowed to transfer players in and out but when you are managing Bayern you have to control the reserve sales and contracts? Anyone feel in the same position as me?

I absolutely disagree, sorry.

The way it is at the moment gives you total control of the structure/squad at your club and how players progress.

AI staff tend to sign players mostly due to CA/PA. So picture this - you sign a very nice 15yo DL regen, he has a couple of years in the youths and then you promote him to the U23s; your assistant manager then goes out and buys a confrontational, sporting, and slow DL on £20k a week - but gets the nod in the team because he happens to have a higher PA than your regen and is on the favoured personnel of your assistant from a previous club.

No thanks.

If you want to run your U23s at a decent level, and you clearly do, it doesn't take much time to get 'attached' to them by treating them as part of the big picture at your club. You'd soon be taking an interest even if you let the assistant do the donkey work.

Have a look at SFrasers thread on the subject in the training forum, it's very interesting.

No but irl, the Bayern reserves is made up of a couple 18 year olds and all the others are older. This is why you are wrong, irl the reserve manager buys players for his reserve team not the 1st team manager unless he buys and plans to stick himin reserves for development.

@Coentrao, the German reserve leagues don't work like the English reserves, as they are entered into official leagues unlike the English teams

I see. When you said 'anyone feel the same as me?' I didn't realise you only wanted affirmative replies. As you mentioned who'd be suitable players and their contracts, etc., I commented on the benefits of running the II team 'efficiently' - without any AI interference.

Having said that, you can set the assistant to handle contracts in the II team - which I think is what you'd prefer.

I'm currently in 2024 playing a German journeyman save and currently at FC Bayern.

I'll add that the 'make first team players available for the U23 squad' doesn't work. I'm not sure if that's intentional because they do play in the actual league structure - albeit further down - or not but it's a little annoying having to keep moving players back and forth to retain match fitness.

I'd like to know if this is an error of what?

I'm currently in 2024 playing a German journeyman save and currently at FC Bayern.

I'll add that the 'make first team players available for the U23 squad' doesn't work. I'm not sure if that's intentional because they do play in the actual league structure - albeit further down - or not but it's a little annoying having to keep moving players back and forth to retain match fitness.

I was positive that it was working OK in my save, so I double checked - it is. Maybe you started that save before 11.3? Or you've developed an unfortunate bug along the way.

What i have noticed is that the players will play, but unless you have moved them into the B squad once then the games will not be recorded, i had thought the same i had Wikham at Schalke and obviously he was a bit too young for first team, had the "avaliable for u23's" ticked but it didnt show him playing any games, so i moved him into the squad and all of a sudden in his history it showed he had been playing for them all along.

Dale Jennings was signed by Bayern Munich to play in their B team.

I don't know whether the manager or the reserve team manager signed him.

I believe the club signed him, so in essence Bayern buy for both their first team and B team. He was also signed for the B team with the hope he could push onto the main squad at some point.

I believe the club signed him, so in essence Bayern buy for both their first team and B team. He was also signed for the B team with the hope he could push onto the main squad at some point.

Yeah. Although I don't know as matter of fact, I'd be surprised if that isn't what happens at most clubs. The B/II/U23 teams would be highly unlikely to operate as an entirely seperate entity, with no thought given to the overall structure.

Regarding the 'available for' problem - I have the regional leagues loaded too, so I don't know if that'll make a difference, but really it shouldn't.

Yeah totally i would imagine the transfers for the B team would have to be agreed with the Bayern board, id also be suprised if any of those clubs operated seperately with their own agenda, everything the B team does would be in line with the main team and for the good of the club overall. Barca wont sign players just for their B team, they will want anyone there to perhaps push for a first team slot at some point.

Archived