Played out

After 17 seasons with York, taking them from the BSP to European Champions (twice) including crushing Barcelona 4-1, I've run out of enthusiasm. I got the son unlockable, a useless midfield player destined for life in the reserves out of charity. THe only thing I haven't seen is the testimonial player award. In theory I'm interested in starting again in a foreign league and seeing if I can build success overseas then move back home, but there's so little flavour to the game I can't motivate myself to do so. It's exactly the same but just with different names. I really wish Marc would just put some meat on the bones of the game to make it feel more like you were playing or managing in the leagues you were in. At the moment, it's just a database. Having newspaper and media reports on your games would help enormously. For example, having newspaper reports on upcoming manager setting the <insert foreign league here> on fire, speculation on moving to the PRemier league, excited fan reports etc. Fans spend their entire off-season speculating on transfers and then either goading other fans or moaning during the season itself. None of this is actual mechanics so it isn't hard to do, it simply adds to the enjoyment of the game. Oh well, roll on the 2012 version.

• 2 weeks later...

FMH and its ios spin offs are due for a great leap forward similar to the old CM4 when the graphic match engine was introduced. We're still more or less playing the same game as it was in 2006. But as I've said we're now in the era of multi-core smartphones, tablets and handhelds so we can expect to see a lot more in the next year or two. SIG might even up the production team to more than one man (Marc) and his dog!! :)

Archived