regens are worst than existing players in some leagues

regens are not supposed to be superstars. they are just, regens

What?! Don't tell me, don't try and convince you otherwise. Regens are just new players. There are superstars and rubbish players. Actually the best player on the planet was a regen in my game by 2016.

Or he's just made a simple mix-up with grey players.

hello, I will not bother replying to the other guy (i just report his ironic posts from now on) but I would like to know what you meant. What i said is that some people expect to find messis in all regens and that is not how it works. a regen is a regenerated player and nothing implies that he should be a superstar

No, but I think that he meant that there were no regens that were as good as the current crop of players. I've noticed the same thing in Hungary, though that may just be that the standard of the league has increased dramatically and the standard of youth hasn't budged an inch.

is that a comparison of players the same age in the game, if so how are you comparing the players at the start with those replacing them 5-6 years later? Not every youth player that comes through will look like a superstar.

The quality of the average 27 years-old goes down in time. Just go through English L1 teams in 2020 compared to 2010 and I guarantee that you can easily spot a degradation of player quality overall.

This is because the AI isn't good enough at developing players. Coaches regularly advice me to use a tutor with less determination (and through observation: not so much pressure handling) than his tutee. If the AI managers follow that advice they will ruin a youngster's career too often. Also, the tutoring advice are too rare, and they don't give promising youth the chance in the first team nearly enough if at all.

But the current Scottish internationals in my game are miles ahead of the current real life Scottish players, infact i would say every player in every team playing in the SPL is better than those who started the game. If the AI doesnt develop players then you would never be able to sign anyone over the age of 21 in game after 10 or so seasons, that definitely is not the case.

But the current Scottish internationals in my game are miles ahead of the current real life Scottish players, infact i would say every player in every team playing in the SPL is better than those who started the game. If the AI doesnt develop players then you would never be able to sign anyone over the age of 21 in game after 10 or so seasons, that definitely is not the case.

Oh they do get lucky. If they happen to have a youngster with potential, a senior player with good mental stats and personality, a coach/manager who thinks they should hook up and they "click", little competition in that area in the squad so that the youngster get to play from time to time, a youth team that allows the youngster to play above 7.0 on average, a good coach setup, good training facilities, and most importantly no foreign club picking the youngster up... yes then, if he avoids injuries, continues to play above 7.0 on average etc, yes then he could be a good player.

The problem is that all this is a hit and miss sort of thing, really.

The fact that the Scottish players in your game are so good may be because your success in that league has brought its reputation up, so they get better youth prospects.

The fact that the Scottish players in your game are so good may be because your success in that league has brought its reputation up, so they get better youth prospects.

Surely that is key then, how can you compare the current set of players with players set in the future when the reputation of the league will be different from when the game started, either in a good way like i have shown, or possibly a bad way which the OP has experienced.

Again i do agree with you that the AI player development could be better, but its not terrible, the post i made the other day with the example of me letting go a youngster for him to become a top player shows that the AI can be very good for young players.

Archived