Working with youngsters attribute?

Can someone please explain to me how the working with youngsters attribute is used in this game? I've never really bothered with this attribute as I deemed it to be useless. It seems to have no effect on the star rating for training the only thing I can think of is perhaps its useful for whoever takes control of the U-18 matches? If someone could shed some light on this I would be grateful, thank you.

I think that'll do now. Maybe you've misunderstood what this website is all about. Your comments are annoying, rather than "funny". I'm sure you're quite smug about it though.

Just out of interest, why did you put funny in inverted commas?

I'm very light.

Clearly, you're new and trying hard to impress everyone with your humour. It doesn't have to be every post. Once in a while is fine.

Very light? I'm not being rude but you don't sound especially bright. I'm glad I have the OK from you to use humour every now and again, seeing as you are a member on this forum with equal power as myself.

Very light? I'm not being rude but you don't sound especially bright. I'm glad I have the OK from you to use humour every now and again, seeing as you are a member on this forum with equal power as myself.

I have to agree with SwaRFeGa your posts aren't funny and you've added nothing positive to the discussions this afternoon.

I have to agree with SwaRFeGa your posts aren't funny and you've added nothing positive to the discussions this afternoon.

Can we stop these MALICIOUS personal attacks on myself please? I am taking a verbal gang beating here.

Is it not just how effective Coaches and Youth Coaches are at training those who are on the Youth training programmes??

That would make sense, but I wonder why it has no bearing on the star rating system on the U18 training tab if this was true.

That would make sense, but I wonder why it has no bearing on the star rating system on the U18 training tab if this was true.

Perhaps it is a "hidden" positive? Perhaps their star rating works in conjunction with their Working With Youngsters attribute to form a total potential output in training?

"Background Attributes

There are two types of background attributes. The first type (coaching) influences the training score for individual players. They are Man Management and Working With Youngsters. They are the equivalent of each other, so the former is preferred for first team or regular coaches, while the latter is preferred for youth coaches.

The second type of background attribute (mental) controls things like how well the coach settles at the club and his tactical knowledge. This also includes his judging abilities, so the mental background attributes are most important when choosing an assistant manager.

None of the background attributes have an influence on the star rating of the coach."

Taken from the linked thread.

So the Working With Youngsters attribute affects players on an individual basis rather than as an effect on a training schedule??

Is it not just how effective Coaches and Youth Coaches are at training those who are on the Youth training programmes??

Thats what it's supposed to mean, eg the higher the attribute the better the coach but i dont see it making any difference if you were to sign 2 youth coaches one high and one low.

Its nice to get back on topic:thup:

Perhaps it is a "hidden" positive? Perhaps their star rating works in conjunction with their Working With Youngsters attribute to form a total potential output in training?

That's one way to look at it but I think I'd prefer seeing the 'working with youngsters' attribute have an effect on the star rating (visually) as this game is already quite vague in a number of areas. But I assume this is just guesswork at the moment? Can anyone actually confirm whether it does indeed effect training?

If this was true you'd expect some correlation between youth coaches having high 'working with youngsters' attribute, in which case what would make a good 1st team coach?

OK, well to answer your next question - the thread linked suggests Man Management is the mirror of Working With Youngsters. i.e. you want a 1st team coach to have good man management and a standard coach to have both.

So should I have only 1 - 1st team coach and 1 youth team coach or would it be more beneficial to have 9 1st team coaches and 9 youth team coaches for each training category?

1st team coaches obviously with high man management and youth coaches with high working with youngsters.

Archived