Monthly Intallments

Is this a dangerous way of doing things, Im currently starting my third season as West Ham and have spent loads on players using the 48 installment method (millions more than given in my budget) my club currently has 10 million in the bank and have given me a 37 million budget for the current season, I reckon I have spent at least 60 million already and still have a budget of 29 million left which I intend to spend. Will using this method come back to bite me? or do the board keep things in control?

If you plan to play long term game using that method you must make sure that you win things regularly, so you can balance you finances, cuz if you don't you could end up with huge financial problems. If you plan a short term game then it's the best way to buy good player in short time and get some quick success.

With West Ham, anything to do with money is a bad idea. As long as you bring success, you should be fine. But if you spend the rest of your budget on monthly instalments, you’ll find yourself in trouble before too long.

Well £60m spent, another £29m to spend thats £89m over 48 months or £1.85m a month on transfers.

This is on top of any installments you set up in your first two years.

That £10m in the bank won't last you long unless you have some serious income to cover the installments - You'll already need £22m to cover the the next 12 months just on the above repayments and then the same again for the next three seasons.

How much profit did you make last season? and how much did you spend on transfers?

The board should take more responsibility when it comes to paying instalments...

I don't know how hard it would be to implement, but there should be some way to include the current financial commitments into the season's budgets BEFORE the T-Budget is set so that you can only ruin the club if the board are incompetent.

I always assumed that if you had agreed to pay X amount of pounds over a period of time the board included that commitment in their calculations for the season budgets but have since been told they don't... they should!

Im not at home so not 100% sure, I think I made a Loss of about 700k and have spent around 75 million in the first 2 seasons.

All in installments?

If so then you're already making a small loss with those installments, adding another £22m in expenses over the next 12 months will lead to trouble.

With no other major changes to your money the £10m you currently have in the bank will be a £12m debt in a seasons time with another £22m+ to pay out the following season leaving you potentially £34m in the red in two seasons time unless you deal with it.

A new income stream that you haven't had in the past would provide extra income - Champions League/UEFA Cup run? (At least the group stages) while the board may help you out to some extent depending what money they have.

Failing that you would be forced to sell players to balance the books within the next couple of seasons.

Personally, if i start a game where money is fairly tight, I don't buy players in installments. As has been said already, you'll end up in a world of trouble. Just spend what you have in the bank, buy one or two quality players using cash only. Once you start improving your income, then take the next step up into installments. There's always exceptions to this rule tho, like if someone too good to turn down available, then do what you can.

I have experience with West Ham, and you run into monetary problems even without the instalments. Unless you get instant success- you are looking at some big trouble. Look at what the Icelandic's did to our club, they overextended without success and we are now paying for it.

When I got Nottingham Forest promoted in my first season, I bought them Neymar, Dentinho, Diamanti and some others for £50m odd over 48 months.

I left soon after for Arsenal (and took Neymar with me for the half price lol). But they are now an established premier league side despite their new managers awful decisions. They don't seem to be in financial difficulty despite my frivolous spending.

Archived