Coaches passing on PPMs to youth players

When a player retires, the game should retain their PPMs on their profiles.

When youth players come through your academy, they often have your staff as favoured personnel.

When this happens, it would be very nice if some of the coach PPMs would pass on to the youth that idolise them.

(This may already happen in some form, but I haven't noticed it).

Yet another nice idea Ackter. Though we wouldn't have that until the players would start retiring and becoming coaches. I'm a bit of PPM freak and I really want every player on each position in my team to have specific PPM's, but it is very hard due to them rarely want to learn PPM's.

E.g. Me: I would like you not to dive into tackles.

16yo DC: I highly doubt that would help me.

Me: But, I really think you should listen to me as I'm 60 year old wordclass manager, I'm 1st in Hall of Fame list and SAF is rather average compared to me.

16yo DC: Nah old man, no way that would help me. I'm really unhappy now.

Surley this should be looked at?

It would be possible to work them into current coaches based on their previous playing style - and it could be possible to put a few in based on press interviews etc (each club researcher would have a better idea on how likely this would be, but there's bound to be some info out there) or certain tendencies of a number of youth players coming through a club.

Learning new PPMs is mainly easy - but getting them to unlearn PPMs is very difficult, I agree (but then, maybe it should be? Its always hard to break trends - only the most professional players would agree and also successfully unlearn them?)

Well it's reasonable when a 33yo player doesn't wants to learn or unlearn PPM, but U-18 players don't want to learn PPM which is logical to have for their positions is highly unrealistic.

Good shout abut current coaches' PPM's, though I doubt too many of them would have it. But, still it might be worth as shot.

Don't mean to hijack the thread :D but I think young players coming to academy should have natural position to suti my formation. I constantly keep getting DM's and I never use one. Or MR's and ML's.

Current system creates players there where team have the least players, but I think it should be more favored according to formation I use.

At that age there's more than enough time to retrain them to have natural ability in the positions you want - first thing I do when I get a youth through is add a position I feel would benefit them. Then as they develop I may change it depending on how they've developed.

U-18s is where professionalism should come in again - Balotelli, for example, would ignore you regardless of what you said.

Maybe learning PPMs should be done through coaches, rather than approaching the player directly?

Approach coach -> I would like you to encourage PLAYER A to stop diving in to tackles.

Then it would be down to the professionalism of the player, and the ability of the coach, to decide on if it works or not.

Don't mean to hijack the thread :D but I think young players coming to academy should have natural position to suti my formation. I constantly keep getting DM's and I never use one. Or MR's and ML's.

Current system creates players there where team have the least players, but I think it should be more favored according to formation I use.

I agree with this, would be much more sensible.

Fair enough, but when I teach him new natural position it takes up of his training workload and even when he learn it I need to keep training him for it not to drop on Accomplished. Let alone the fact that very few players manage to be natural in some position.

As for PPM's of course not everyone should listen to their manager, as it would be unrealistic. Current ratio is 1/4 attempts for me, while I think it should be 3/4.

Once it's natural it should never drop - if it does, it's a bug.

I agree that there should be more of a tendency for youth players to come in with positions that suit your first team, but it shouldn't stop others from coming through as well.

Once it's natural it should never drop - if it does, it's a bug.

I agree that there should be more of a tendency for youth players to come in with positions that suit your first team, but it shouldn't stop others from coming through as well.

No, it shouldn't mate, but at least 90% should be by first teams formation.

I don't think it's bug as I heard that it comes to how often they play on their new natural position, how much they play and of course how versatile they are.

It also takes up ca having to retrain them :(

Made that mistake with my world class DC.

Now he's average everywhere :(

Actually, he's back to being great now cause I stopped retraining him just in time :cool:

Yet another nice idea Ackter. Though we wouldn't have that until the players would start retiring and becoming coaches. I'm a bit of PPM freak and I really want every player on each position in my team to have specific PPM's, but it is very hard due to them rarely want to learn PPM's.

E.g. Me: I would like you not to dive into tackles.

16yo DC: I highly doubt that would help me.

Me: But, I really think you should listen to me as I'm 60 year old wordclass manager, I'm 1st in Hall of Fame list and SAF is rather average compared to me.

16yo DC: Nah old man, no way that would help me. I'm really unhappy now.

Surley this should be looked at?

lol that made me chuckle

i have the same problem with a regen that has came through the ranks, i offered him Jamie Carragher as a mentor and he spat it back in my face.

Pffft Kids these days

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather this didn't happen personally. I want to hve control over what PPMs my players have, and I feel it's too difficult as a manager to shape your players as it is, when 18-16yo s aren't accepting your suggestions to improve themselves as footballers, and 33yr olds are passing on their PPMs to youngsters through tutoring, it's difficult to feel that it's something under your control.

I'd say that would be a problem with youths ignoring you though - they shouldn't.

As long as a youth player has any modicum of professionalism they should be accepting your advice, even if it ends up making them a poorer player - that's a fault you should be allowed to make for yourself.

Archived