Abudance of certain position of regen ?

Just wondering if there is a program that sets position of regens, for example in 1 season i had 2 left backs come though the acadamy that were all rated as potential of becoming a good EPL LB , and i think i had another one come through about a year later , i was just wondering is it set or does the AI just create them randomly ?

Edit: both of them came through the ranks one i let go the other is now my no.2 left back

I don't think it is random, i'm sure i read a thread which suggested the youth players generated tend to be in the positions where you don't have many players.

This doesn't mean that those players are any good though - sound like you were just fortunate.

I don't think it is random, i'm sure i read a thread which suggested the youth players generated tend to be in the positions where you don't have many players.

This doesn't mean that those players are any good though - sound like you were just fortunate.

Ah cool cheers

Even if there potentially is a leaning towards that - which I doubt, as it's impossible to really play enough for us non-developers to know, the process is inherently random and even if it leaned towards that, the chance they'd both generate in that position and actually at a good level is unlikely to collerate perfectly. You could have reloaded at that new youth setup time and gotten two world class goalkeepers instead, it is still incredibly random and any speculation of it leaning towards "useful" regens is entirely hearsay until some developer tells us it actually does.

I think you might be right. In my Bayern side, after Buyten and Demichelis retired and left the first team squad with only Badstubber and Breno, I got 2 newgen defenders with PA of 160 and 175. Their starting CA are low to play first team football right away, but it's nice to have good newgen nonetheless.

I think you might be right. In my Bayern side, after Buyten and Demichelis retired and left the first team squad with only Badstubber and Breno, I got 2 newgen defenders with PA of 160 and 175. Their starting CA are low to play first team football right away, but it's nice to have good newgen nonetheless.

Yeah i also had a lacking player for my DM position first season got a regen who is now worth £33.5 m and that is just from one loan spell at fulham and is a 1st team reg for me for the past few seasons

• SI Staff

The newgen production for each club is balanced by player positions, so that the youth system tries to create a good spread of positions for the youth team. So if you already have multiple youth goalkeepers, a newgen goalkeeper is less likely to come through the youth system etc. Lacking youth players of a certain position makes it more likely for newgens of that position to come through the ranks.

However this is not linked at all the quality of newgens, which is independent from any current players and just randomly based on the club youth system quality as per usual.

I hope that's not true, or at least it's more complicated than that. After all, I don't use wingers. An abundance of them would be a disaster!

That said, I haven't noticed it. So far my best in house regens have all been in positions I can use.

The newgen production for each club is balanced by player positions, so that the youth system tries to create a good spread of positions for the youth team. So if you already have multiple youth goalkeepers, a newgen goalkeeper is less likely to come through the youth system etc. Lacking youth players of a certain position makes it more likely for newgens of that position to come through the ranks.

However this is not linked at all the quality of newgens, which is independent from any current players and just randomly based on the club youth system quality as per usual.

Oh ok thanks for clearing it up . and as man utd i have good youth facilities

Can anyone confirm whether preferred tactics come into youth team recruitment at all? I mean, as I have consistently played a narrow midfield - with the width provided by fullbacks - in a 4-1-2-1-2 at Palermo for ten years, does the game decrease the potential for wingers to come through my youth system?

Via my own youth system, 4th year in I'm having difficulty generating wingers and midfielders. Globally across the game, high quality-wise there is only Central Defenders and Strikers (with 11.3), guess that's just my luck!

It's not just you. In my only long term save to 2020, I have tons of world class strikers and centerbacks, but can't even find any winger to replace Nani.

Can anyone confirm whether preferred tactics come into youth team recruitment at all? I mean, as I have consistently played a narrow midfield - with the width provided by fullbacks - in a 4-1-2-1-2 at Palermo for ten years, does the game decrease the potential for wingers to come through my youth system?

I doubt such thing is implemented.

I was asking myself the same when i read Riz Remes post.

Same as you, i play a diamond narrow. Since about 5 seasons now. But sure enough, i still get new wide midfielders every year. I think it got less though.

Would be a nice idea to include in Fm12. I remember a season where out of the bunch of new youth players five were wide midfielders. Perfect use for my diamond narrow :lol:

Archived