Player Ratings Are Way Off

SI,

The player ratings in FM 2011 are way off.

For instance, Stephen Appiah is the captain of Ghana, a revered leader, and his influence is a 10, while Michael Essien is a 12! League 1 reserves have higher influence ratings than Appiah. It is very well known around the world by everyone that Appiah is highly influential. Not only is Appiah a 10 in influence this year, but has been the last several years.

Poor player ratings is the reason you see, by year 2-3, Inter Milan and AC Milan finishing mid-table, Blackburn making the Champions league, Manchester City finishing mid-table, etc.

Re-do the player ratings in next year's version.

Tom

Is Stephen Appiah the captain of his club? Is he vice captain? Has he ever been captain for a club team? Im guessing the answers are No, No and No again?

AFAIK the influence attribute is more likely to be calculated from his influence to his club team. International is taken into account aswell but not as much as the club team they play for week in week out. Or not in Appiah's case.

Easy Steve. He is new here and doesn't knows some thing about research.

It just makes me laugh thats all. He's the captain of GHANA. Anybody with the slightest bit of European Football under their belt would be named captain of a national team from a country like that. Look at Park. He's the captain of South Korea because of his experience at a better level of football. Not necessarily because he is the best leader.

Actually isnt John Mensah the captain of Ghana?

Just because he wore the armband in a game doesnt mean he is the 'captain'. You wouldnt say Gareth Barry is captain of England.

Actually from the man himself in that article.

“It is an honour to captain any team anytime, but I must stress we have a general captain and he will always be the main man."

Just because he wore the armband in a game doesnt mean he is the 'captain'. You wouldnt say Gareth Barry is captain of England.

Has has captained a club though, which I thought answered your question. It doesn't sound like he was ever the first choice though, maybe just the vice captain.

Has has captained a club though, which I thought answered your question. It doesn't sound like he was ever the first choice though, maybe just the vice captain.

I thought it would be fairly obvious that I meant actually being named a captain of a club, as in full time, not in one game because he's the best available.

I thought it would be fairly obvious that I meant actually being named a captain of a club, as in full time, not in one game because he's the best available.

I probably misunderstood you then. No worries though, it's no big deal.

It just makes me laugh thats all. He's the captain of GHANA. Anybody with the slightest bit of European Football under their belt would be named captain of a national team from a country like that. Look at Park. He's the captain of South Korea because of his experience at a better level of football. Not necessarily because he is the best leader.

Actually isnt John Mensah the captain of Ghana?

One of the dumb posts IMO..its arguable that Ghana today is a better footballing nation than England and has better players.

It really isn't. And once again a GD thread slowly slips off topic.

Correct, it isn't arguable. At all. The world cup proved that Ghana is a much, much better team than "1-4 let's put Heskey on"-England.

Just like the league table proves that City is a better team than Liverpool, those wins in the 80's count for nothing now.

One of the dumb posts IMO..its arguable that Ghana today is a better footballing nation than England and has better players.

Why is it a dumb post. Its true. At the time he was captain of Ghana, they was nowhere near the team they are now. He was captain because of his European experience.

Appiah's influence rating should be AT LEAST a 16 based on the way other players on the Ghana national team look up to him.

Sammy Kuffour on Appiah: "Stephen Appiah is a great leader. He has taken Ghana to the World Cup," Kuffuor said.

"He has all the qualities. I have been with him and I tell you he is a good leader."

Another quote: "Stephen Appiah, 28, is strong, athletic, positionally disciplined, technically gifted, a strong leader, and vastly experienced in both the Champions League and as a Ghanaian International. The most unbelievable thing is that a player of Appiah's quality is available on a free transfer."

Shane Long - Finishing 11 !! This season he's been on fire, one of the best strikers in the championship and his finishing is 11 :s ?? Yes I'm a Reading fan so ofcourse I'll moan about it but it isn't right. There are so many other players in different teams that have awful stats aswell, im sure alot you could point them out

Archived