Work Permit Issues

Right I need ideas on how to get around work permit issues.

I have spotted a Kenyan player playing out in an inactive league, Iran.

I'd be willing to send him to my Belgium Feeder club when he joins but since I could only get him to sign a 'rotation' contract, he might reject them as they arent in the top division there.

What other options do I have because Keyna are outside the top 70 so waiting for him to get more caps is not an option

Work permits have been insane since 11.3. I can't even get them for my own players.

Just because a player has got a work permit previously. It doesn't mean they will be guarenteed one in the future. If they have stopped playing international football and haven't got citizenship from a country in Europe. Then they won't get one.

Thanks for all the input lads but he did agree to go out on loan. SI should look at how you can interact with a player and other clubs when you arent entitled to a work permit. Some people get caught with a player doing nothing for 6 months until thy either get another club to take him or just sell at a magnificent loss.

ombiji.png

He's a commanding centre back, a perfectionist, volatile, media friendly and confrontational. I'll have my hands full with this one!

Just because a player has got a work permit previously. It doesn't mean they will be guarenteed one in the future. If they have stopped playing international football and haven't got citizenship from a country in Europe. Then they won't get one.

The player in question is currently the starting striker for the USA and the top goalscorer in the Europa League by a country mile. On top of that, I've had trouble getting permits for players that I signed for similar reputation teams without problem in 11.2. Again, 11.3 seems to have stepped up the work permit standards.

It seems to me that if you have a player that requires a work permit, and you have a feeder club that allows players to be sent there to gain nationality, they will ALWAYS accept to go there on loan, no matter their age or squad status. At least its always been that way for me.

The player in question is currently the starting striker for the USA and the top goalscorer in the Europa League by a country mile. On top of that, I've had trouble getting permits for players that I signed for similar reputation teams without problem in 11.2. Again, 11.3 seems to have stepped up the work permit standards.

If he is then he wouldn't have any problems with work permits then would he? SI don't deviate from real life rules unless they can't code them.

You have to ask yourself 3 questions with the player:

1) Has he played in 75% of games for the US over the last two years (to the permit application), injuries don't give time off?

2) Have the US averaged at position 70 (or 75) in the FIFA rankings over this period (how much time at each rank so eqn=rank*no.months/24, lower=better)?

3) If either of the above are enough, is he of "sufficient quality to improve English football", I think a CA or PA of -9 range minimum depending on age (PA if young CA if older)?

If you can't answer 1 & 2 then no, with 3 only a maybe shot.

hmm that does seem a bit strange, because he should still have to apply for one, even for a new contract i thought. Has he improved much the season on loan, and played much for Kenya?

As you can see from the earlier screenshot, he's only played 3 more games for Kenya since joining the feeder club. Physically he has improved a shade but thats it. I see nothing different from last season to suggest that he's entitled to a work permit, yet he's eligible to play for me.

Also, surely you should be able to send players to their feeder clubs for 3 years constant in these scenarios. Even if technically (i.e. the paperwork) he has returned from loan, he could still be living in the feeder country for the purposes of getting his dual nationality at the earliest point possible.

I'm sick of all these bugs, I even have to do a trick with transfer negotiations so I dont exploit a massive bug. They are making it very hard to enjoy this game :mad:

thats the one! He was very good in one of the older FM's, dont really hear about him now.

He was released by Watford and we took him at Blackpool but he didn't make the grade and was released in the Summer now sure where he ended up after that

and you say he didnt need to apply at all for one?

That is really strange as you say not much has changed in the year since you loaned him, maybe worth logging in the bugs forum if you could be bothered.

What trick are you meaning?

Nope nothing about applying or granting a work permit. I'm not going to report it, sick of reporting bugs tbh.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257509-11.3-Patch-Official-Feedback-Thread?p=6576342&viewfull=1#post6576342

Subsequently I have discovered that it affected several other players when you dont manually change the contract length. You'll notice with certain players that they join on rolling contracts and then have no estimated value when you get them to sign a proper contract. Its been logged as a bug by the QA guys

Nope nothing about applying or granting a work permit. I'm not going to report it, sick of reporting bugs tbh.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257509-11.3-Patch-Official-Feedback-Thread?p=6576342&viewfull=1#post6576342

Subsequently I have discovered that it affected several other players when you dont manually change the contract length. You'll notice with certain players that they join on rolling contracts and then have no estimated value when you get them to sign a proper contract. Its been logged as a bug by the QA guys

must admit mate i have not seen either of the issues you are having, was this with a new game on 11.3 or did it happen with a save before then?

I havent actually started a new game since the new patch came out, just carried on with one from 11.1 so im just wondering if this is something that has gone wrong since. I just recently signed a Jap player for aberdeen but i had to go through the full work permit thing, thankfully it was accepted on appeal so again i have never had to send a player on loan in FM11, to be honest its usually something i avoid anyway but thats not the point, it should work as intended.

Again never seen that rolling contract thing as well, i know i have said this before and been flamed for it, but does using an editor make any difference or do you not want to go down that road? BTW not saying that is acceptable that you have to, just an option nothing more!!!

must admit mate i have not seen either of the issues you are having, was this with a new game on 11.3 or did it happen with a save before then?

I havent actually started a new game since the new patch came out, just carried on with one from 11.1 so im just wondering if this is something that has gone wrong since. I just recently signed a Jap player for aberdeen but i had to go through the full work permit thing, thankfully it was accepted on appeal so again i have never had to send a player on loan in FM11, to be honest its usually something i avoid anyway but thats not the point, it should work as intended.

Again never seen that rolling contract thing as well, i know i have said this before and been flamed for it, but does using an editor make any difference or do you not want to go down that road? BTW not saying that is acceptable that you have to, just an option nothing more!!!

I usually dont bother with players with work permit issues myself but this is the exception and relatively quickly I was able to do something the game shouldnt allow. Its very frustrating.

Well the contract thing is effecting all of my saves on 11.3 and its not that easy to replicate but try it out with Rafael Toloi or Paulo Henrique, click use existing terms, just dont change the contract length and offer, they'll accept straight away and then you know that you've exploited this particular bug

I usually dont bother with players with work permit issues myself but this is the exception and relatively quickly I was able to do something the game shouldnt allow. Its very frustrating.

Well the contract thing is effecting all of my saves on 11.3 and its not that easy to replicate but try it out with Rafael Toloi or Paulo Henrique, click use existing terms, just dont change the contract length and offer, they'll accept straight away and then you know that you've exploited this particular bug

ah now thats something i never do, i never click on use existing terms when trying to sign a player, i always go with my own deal, i might give that a try tonight when im home and see if i get the same results. I do use that option with my current players and dont come across any problems but then signing a new player is obviously something different. Have you only noticed it with those two players or does it happen with anyone you try and sign?

ah now thats something i never do, i never click on use existing terms when trying to sign a player, i always go with my own deal, i might give that a try tonight when im home and see if i get the same results. I do use that option with my current players and dont come across any problems but then signing a new player is obviously something different. Have you only noticed it with those two players or does it happen with anyone you try and sign?

It has happened with signing players and renewing contracts, but those are two players that it definitely happens with. Usually I'll know if I've exploited a deal before I finalize an offer because its so obvious to me when I have exploited it by mistake.

Archived