Most effective partnership ever??

Hey fellow FM geeks! I would just like to show you my amazing striking partnership for my Sevilla side, and to see if anyone has a partneship that can match it or even beat it? Now by effective, i simply mean goals and assists. My formation is a 4-2-3-1. Travassos is the lone striker and Bartoli sits just behind him as the advanced playmaker!

Here is there seasonal stats.

bartoliseason.jpg

travassosseason.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So as you can see, counting goals and assists, they have contributed 142 goals between them over the season. Also, looking at their age, they will hopefully improve and dominate for years to come. Bartoli won loads of personal awards for his great season, especially as it came from attacking midfield!

What i want to know is, can anyone match this? Or beat it?

You don't need flair to put a ball through to someone, or to play a cross or move on the pitch to a good position, flair helps with doing things in a captivating way but when you can beat your man for speed, strength or technique you don't always need a bit of flair to do it.

How do you play them? For e.g. Poacher and Target Man, Complete Forward and Trequartista etc.

Travassos I play as a Target man (run onto ball) due to his pace. It's ridiculous the amount of goals he scores considering his finishing is poor, and composure aint great. Scary the amount of goals he would score if those were better, as he does miss quite a few chances. Bartoli as an AMC Advanced playmaker.

Not sure why Bartoli's flair stat is so low when his dribbling, creativity, technique, agility etc are all high.

I mean, which current player would he compare with? So good physically, technically and very creative, but lacking flair....

Any strike-force comprising the 1000+ career goals thread will more than likely outshine that by some stretch :p

I've not seen this thread. Wouldn't mind a look though. They are both still young, maybe they can make it into that thread one day ;-)

Gotta love whenever someone makes a thread about "the best partnership" or "the best newgen striker" it tends to be in Spain. Besides Barca, Real, and Atleti, the rest of the teams have poor defense, so it's not that big of an achievement.

Gotta love whenever someone makes a thread about "the best partnership" or "the best newgen striker" it tends to be in Spain. Besides Barca, Real, and Atleti, the rest of the teams have poor defense, so it's not that big of an achievement.

Well that partnership won me the Champions League and World Club Championship aswell, with Bartoli getting almost double the assists anyone else did in the ECL, therefore winning the Champions League best player award. And incase you haven't noticed, i'm in 2020. You have absolutely no idea who the top teams are or top defenses are in the league. So if you aren't interested in discussing the topic or adding anything constructive, don't post.

I had a couple of regens on a previous FM11 save, where the lead striker got over a goal a game all season, that is over 60, with about 20 assists, and the partner got roughly 30 assists and 30 goals. Don't know how much were to each other, and the save has been deleted so I can't prove it.

I had a couple of regens on a previous FM11 save, where the lead striker got over a goal a game all season, that is over 60, with about 20 assists, and the partner got roughly 30 assists and 30 goals. Don't know how much were to each other, and the save has been deleted so I can't prove it.

Over 60 goals? That's a great return! added with 20 assists, fantastic! Pity you lost the save, would love to have seen it!

Archived