Backroom "advice" meetings

Is there a bigger waste of time in the game?

"The team plays well using 4-1-2-1-2 formation" I know, that is why I use it! (It also has the button 'Set to 4-1-2-1-2 formation'....why??? I already play that!)

"The team plays well using a narrow formation" I know, that is why we play narrow!

"The team dont get complacent against teams with a smaller reputation" I know!

"The team plays well against teams with a higher reputation" So i can see!

On top of useless information from my so called coaches, I also get useless scouting recommendations "Such and such would be a good signing/prospect for the future". No he wouldnt, you have told me in the meeting that he would be a good player but in your scout reports that I have asked you to compile, you said he would be a decent signing!

Honestly, after these meetings I feel like sacking half of my coaches/scouts and leaving everything to my ass man who (apart from me :p) seems to be the only staff member capable of anything!

I am not at some poxy team either, AC Milan no less!

Some coaches have higher attributes and, presumably, more knowledge in different fields. I tend to listen to the coach with higher training rating on training issues and the one with higher tactics on tactical issues etc.

I never listen to "Player X shouldn't be taking setpiece Y". Useless ever since it was implemented. On the other hand, staff/player recommandations are really good.. and I also like the ocasional "Player X should try W" and "Player X should improve in Z".

My staff recommendations are a complete waste of time. Because none of them could ever be signed due to the fact they want 4-20x the maximum salary the club can offer.

It would be nice if the recommendations actually took into account the club you're at and the wages the staff might want.

I follow the scout recommendations because usually they are pretty good players for the team.

I follow up on recommendations for Individual training if it's something I'd want to player to be doing. I never ask them to train their weaker foot, come back to collect etc...

I always ignore their directions on dead ball takers.

Archived