FM11 on Android (?)

Yo.

Sry if this is the wrong place/been posted be4 etc. etc.

I would love if u maked it possible to play FM11 in Android phones. I saw that it was possible to do it in Iphones, but personally i wouldnt even use an iphone if i got one for free, i h8 em. And tbh i think that there r more ppl having android then iphone, if not it will be so in the feature. So as i said it would be damn nice if u maked an android version of this game ;) And im sure alot of other ppl would appreciate it as well.

Two points to make here

1 - As you are new this is a friendly warning, but using text speak/typing on here is lazy and will anger a lot of people.

2 - Why on earth would you want to play a game on a mobile phone. The game is too vast and will not work on this medium at this present time, I think by creating a FM title for a mobile phone could do more harm than good to the FM brand.

Two points to make here

2 - Why on earth would you want to play a game on a mobile phone. The game is too vast and will not work on this medium at this present time, I think by creating a FM title for a mobile phone could do more harm than good to the FM brand.

There already is FM on iPhone.

There already is FM on iPhone.

I stand corrected, just had a look at it and to be honest it looks poor. I myself cannot think of anything worse than playing a game on a mobile phone, do people not do anything else these days with their free time other than spend it attached to their mobiles, they are like comfort blankets for the 21st century.

Considering the growing rate of Android and companys such as EA now focusing on the obvious growing market of mobile games, it would be silly for Sega/Sports Interactive to not focus on the mobile market and since Sony Playstation are bringing out the "Playstation Phone" which is an Android phone, they should give us Football Manager!!!!

They would be utterly stupid not to move it over. It's a cash cow. Android is firmly winning the battle at the moment I reckon and the big move to come is Nokia moving to Windows Mobile. Both platforms are easily capable of handling the game to the standard of the iphone game. Iphone's days are thoroughly numbered.

Obviously it's something that could change in the future, the easiest thing to do would be to ressurect an older version of the game (the PSP version a few years back was this, not sure if it still is) reskin it and update it. It still has to be fully tested and whatnot, but it is far more cost efficient and wouldn't be the hardest of things to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the argument for bringing out FM on the Android platform must surely be growing by the day. Android is rapidly encroaching on Apple's market share, and without the control-freakery of Steve Jobs, Android will go far. I've no idea how difficult it would be to port the code from iOS to Android, but far smaller developers than Sega/SI have converted successful iPhone Apps to Android.

To those dismissing mobile/handheld versions of FM; you're missing the point. FM on such a device would never attempt to offer the in depth experience that the game on PC/Mac does. It's intended to be a much more "pick up and play" type game, ideal for playing 30 minutes at a time on a daily commute, during a quiet 10 minutes at work, or while sitting on the toilet...

Tbh wouldn't surprise me if an android version came out on the next FM version. Taking in mind that the pc sales of this year of FM 11 have been very poor, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just feel disappointed as its taking more manpower from the pc version and taking them to iphone version. Come on ,lets be honest, since the last 3 years all the pc releases have been buggy as hell and not showing anything new and exciting except the 3d match engine. Guess it all started when FM Live was planned, you can say that you just recruited more people but lets be honest, a lot of the good manpower on fm is gone atleast from the pc platform.

As you can see im an old member on this boards and have bought every single release for the last 10 years.

Will I buy FM 12? Really doubt it.

Archived