idea for downloadable stadia

just thinking about PES 2011 and the 'Stadium Maker' thats in that game ...its really a great idea. so why not have something similar...

like, have your 4 basic stadiums in the game...its all well but very, very boring

so have a webpage for adding new stadiums

im not looking for state of the art 3D. but very basic graphics

i know for legal reasons SI cant make a stamford bridge or a nou camp .....but what a bout look-a-like stands

and why not stop there, what bout different pitches, balls, crowds .....

Not for FM, mate. I'd rather them invest energy in a proper in-game editor than spend more time on the graphics ends of things.

I think that the argument of "I'd rather they spend time fixing..." is incorrectly focused. I know it's always given in these forums, but I believe SI has the capacity to work simultaneously on the graphical aspect of the game, while also working on the editor, match engine, transfer module, etc..

I think that the argument of "I'd rather they spend time fixing..." is incorrectly focused. I know it's always given in these forums, but I believe SI has the capacity to work simultaneously on the graphical aspect of the game, while also working on the editor, match engine, transfer module, etc..

Agreed, as long as they remember that the aspect of this game which has made it so popular is its attention to detail and good mechanics, If they go down the line of many other football games by adding gimmicky things in like personal possesions etc they do run the risk of spending too much time onthese things and not improving the core aspects of the game, something SI has been very good at up until now imo.

One thing I would really like and I have posted this request before is the ability to have the existing camera views from the dugout side of the pitch, so you couls view the match fron either side of the pitch

Why? I've tried to think of a reason this would be useful but can't think of any!

Why? I've tried to think of a reason this would be useful but can't think of any!

For no other reason than it would add to the realism of watching a match (which is all any of the graphical effects do after all) Wherever a manger watches a match from it is usually the same side of the pitch as the dugouts

Like Ultimate Soccer Manager?

USM98_screenshot.jpg

That game was soooo good. Even FIFA Manager seemed to have copied a lot from them. I remember you could put Schmeichel in midfield because he had a pretty good passing rating and it wouldn't even hurt your team. Full of bugs and exploits though.

That game is the reason I got into FM, I asked my mom for a copy of it and she came back with CM2 instead of USM, I put the disc in and loved it.

That game is the reason I got into FM, I asked my mom for a copy of it and she came back with CM2 instead of USM, I put the disc in and loved it.

Im much the same i got USM because my computer would not run CM at the time and i could run this on the very basic settings, and my love of footballs sims continued from there.

Archived