Build New Ground vs. Expand Existing Ground?

Basically are there any financial benefits to building a new stadium or does it just burden the club with a ton of debt? I'm Sheff Wednesday so my ground is pretty much fine size wise but I was wondering if building a new ground brought in more income like say the Emirates does by increased high price seating and merchandising or whatever. Forgive me if I'm reading too much into the realism of the game. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

cheers!

You existing ground will have a limit on how much it can be expanded so eventually you will need a new stadium anyway. Also I think new stadiums are cheaper to run and maintain. A stadium is a long term investment. You may be in debt for a while but it will be worth it in the end.

major factor is are you selling out your current stadium week in week out if so id say build a new one get more revenue in if not leave it well alone a sudden decrease in form like a relegation will see people staying away which will cripple the club in the long run

Can the board actually choose to renovate the exsisting stadium instead of building a new one ?

Be a good feature if not as it looks like that's what Liverpool will be doing. And if I was managing Wednesday in the game I would rather Hillsborough to be revamped due to it's history.

Archived