Small things I wish SI would find some time to fix...

1) I wish SI would fix the irritating half-time substitution text which reads as if you've made the subs during the match, not at half-time. If I sub players at half-time they don't walk onto the pitch, wave to the crowd then jog off only to be replaced. It's been like that forever and is in need of a little tidy up! :)

2) The Match Speed Slider - I watch matches with Extended Highlights. I don't want to see some long drawn out ball collection, jog to the corner flag and cross... I don't want to see an injured player get up in the centre circle and hobble to the home or away ends faster than the physio can walk... I find myself dragging the slider to maximum speed and back to normal tens of times a match just to get through the dross. I don't expect SI will consider improving the highlights but at least make it easy to flick between two set speeds, ideally normal and fastest. I could then have those on two different mouse buttons.

3) The amount of time it takes to view the tactics/squad page. Why does it not appear instantly? Is the UI renderer written in Visual Basic? I'm not suggesting it takes several seconds to load, but it's noticeably slower than it should be.

4) The problems with tactics/current and the loss of instructions. I won't go into this, it's been mentioned plenty of times. Still drives me up the wall though :)

5) Direct Free Kicks - almost impossible to score them. Smash the ball into the wall (9/10) or blazing wide. Telling players to disrupt the wall doesn't seem to work either?

I do enjoy this game, perhaps more than I have done since '06 but it's very noticeably from a small development team. Nevertheless, nothing to rival it at the moment!

Here are my thoughts (not answers) on those issues:

1 - this is half right I think. While the player being subbed shouldn't appear for the second half, I'm pretty sure the sub still needs to come onto the pitch separately from the rest of the team. The 4th official needs to introduce them rather than just letting the come out with the rest of the team. I may be completely wrong here though.

2 - I still prefer the old system of the two speed sliders, it was a shame that was changed. Perhaps switching to key highlights would be better for you?

3 - this doesn't seem to happen to me.

4 - hopefully this will be sorted with the nest patch.

5 - it seems a bit low, but how does it compare with real life? Has anyone got any stats on this?

Uhm.... Players subbed at half time still comes on the pitch at the start of the second half, and they are then subbed before the ref starts the match again, just like a sub at any other point... The only way a player gets to stay behind is if he's unable to get to the pitch due to injury.

3) The amount of time it takes to view the tactics/squad page. Why does it not appear instantly? Is the UI renderer written in Visual Basic? I'm not suggesting it takes several seconds to load, but it's noticeably slower than it should be.

Never had this. Mines pretty instant.

1) It's funny, I've never actually noticed. I tend to pay more attention to the ME than I do commentary these days, unless something seemingly strange has happened and I'll check what the commentary says in the replay or match report.

2) I agree somewhat with this. Doesn't seem to cut away from pretty meaningless things quickly enough during highlights.

3) Not really noticed.

4) Very frustrating indeed. Easy enough to work around the "current" issue, but hopefully it will be fixed for the patch. My bone of contention more so, is when set-piece instructions are lost for no apparent reason during games and only reloading the tactic will work around that. That means I have to then do my shouts and opposition instructions again.

5) Although I think that the number of scored free-kicks should indeed be more comparable to real statistical figures, interestingly, I've neither scored or conceded a direct free-kick in three whole seasons in my AFT Telford save. I do have an Argentinian midfielder who I would actually say is Premiership standard when it comes to free-kick taking. He has all the right attributes and PPM's, yet hasn't got one on target in countless attempts, during my current season.

I think Paul C mentioned something in one thread about ball dynamics and the need for improvement in that aspect of the ME though. Arguably when it comes to statistical comparisons, it's a very fine line between ME tweaks, between realistic and unrealistic.

1) I wish SI would fix the irritating half-time substitution text which reads as if you've made the subs during the match, not at half-time. If I sub players at half-time they don't walk onto the pitch, wave to the crowd then jog off only to be replaced. It's been like that forever and is in need of a little tidy up! :)!

It doesn't really bother me that much. It's just an animation of the substitution. Should they write another way for subs or injuries? It's not really that big of a deal.

2) The Match Speed Slider - I watch matches with Extended Highlights. I don't want to see some long drawn out ball collection, jog to the corner flag and cross... I don't want to see an injured player get up in the centre circle and hobble to the home or away ends faster than the physio can walk... I find myself dragging the slider to maximum speed and back to normal tens of times a match just to get through the dross. I don't expect SI will consider improving the highlights but at least make it easy to flick between two set speeds, ideally normal and fastest. I could then have those on two different mouse buttons. !

I don't bother with the slider. I set it to one speed and leave it. I don't get that many injuries though. So the odd time it happesn it doesn't bother me.

3) The amount of time it takes to view the tactics/squad page. Why does it not appear instantly? Is the UI renderer written in Visual Basic? I'm not suggesting it takes several seconds to load, but it's noticeably slower than it should be.!

I agree.

4) The problems with tactics/current and the loss of instructions. I won't go into this, it's been mentioned plenty of times. Still drives me up the wall though :)!

No idea what you're talking about.

5) Direct Free Kicks - almost impossible to score them. Smash the ball into the wall (9/10) or blazing wide. Telling players to disrupt the wall doesn't seem to work either?

I've scored quite a few. Usually expecting a goal from DFK.

Archived