German National Team (no, this isn't about greyed out players!)

Okay, third season in. Three successful seasons with HSV, won the Bundesliga twice, won DFB-Pokal once, and runner up. And got to the semi in the Champions League. My reputation is at World Class; Joachim Low steps down as Germany's manager. Now here is the problem...

I'm always overlooked! Every single time. No matter what I win, no matter what my reputation, I've never managed to be Germany's manager. And I've been playing the FM series for a long time now. In 2009 I had managed FC Bayern, AC Milan and Barcelona, winning all the major cups with them but still no success.

After The Netherlands failed to qualify for Euro 2012, I did however get a Job offer from them. I can even apply to manage Japan and get a job offer. So I doubt it's anything to do with the licensing issues.

My question is, has anyone ever managed Germany by applying for the job?

Just out of curiosity in my current save, I went to the "Add New Manager" option, to see if I could add a new manager to Germany.

Interestingly, neither Germany or Japan were available for selection. Perhaps is isn't possible to manage either of those sides, due to the well documented licensing issues for both countries.

I do believe that there are certain ways around these "restrictions" though, with an edited database or files you can use with a new save. Obviously I'm not going to mention where you can get these here and I won't respond to PM requests for them either. But seek and ye shall find. :)

Archived