PSP2 and Sneaky SI.

I was shocked this thread hasn't already been created. It seems the PSP2 has been announced. Have you cheeky buggers at SI had one of these at your office ?. I have heard holiday 2011 release which is around the time of the new FM ... feel free to call me cynical.

What do you noobs think ?

What do you developers think ?.

What do you guys think this gadget will have on the most important part of the PSP which is of course the Football Manager series ?

I think it looks horrible and will be expensive as black market kidneys.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-ngp-analysis

There's no doubt that Sega would have been in on the development of the device. Whether they were given prototypes is another matter. For us FMH fans the exciting news is that a next gen FMH with PC like stats detail plus a 3D engine could be on the cards. Only problem is whether SI has the development time to do all this for Xmas 2011.

• SI Staff
So if you cant get a PSP to connect to the internet then you rscrewed or does it do wireless?

I believe its got 3g built in so the concept is that it can connect from anywhere pretty much in the same way that a mobile phone would do.

(but no I don't have one to hand to be able to test this ... before anyone starts to speculate ;) )

It'll start out at £149.99 to £199.99.

It will end up being at least £100 more than that.. its gonna be $299. and new consoles and handhelds neally always convert £1 to $1. The orginal PSP was £249, the 3ds is looking at £250-300 so chances of PSP2 or NGP as it is still called being half that, are incredibly slim

It will worry me paying that much for a PSP although it all depends on the FM games on offer because its the only reason my PSP still gets used. If the PSP2 is released and SI step up FM for that system because of its superior specs it will be quite impossible to not want a piece.

Archived