Teams wearing similar coloured kits

I've recently become manager of Juventus, and I've played about 5 teams who've worn more or less the same colour shirt as my own.

I remember watching a match a few years ago with my friend. The teams who were playing were wearing two different coloured kits, but my friend commented that he had trouble differentiating between them. I thought that was a bit weird, but lo and behold, at half time the referee ordered them to change their shirts.

Could SI not tweak the settings in the new patch because it's really baffling me, to be honest. I was playing Cesena in my last match and I thought I was under the cosh for 45 minutes, before realising that it was my Juventus who were having all the chances.

Here we are against Palermo now:

ZHqSsl.jpg

My problem isn't this, but I have seen some odd choices for teams to wear their change kits. For example, when Real Sociedad (blue and white vertical striped shirts, white shorts) would come to play my Athletic Bilbao team (red and white vertical stripes, black shorts) they'd wear their change kits and when I went to visit them, my team came out in their third kits. IRL, they both play with their first shirts.

I see your point as in some games in the past I have had to wear my away kit in my own stadium for some strange reason. I have never seen this in real life though.

However I do know that Reading and Preston are able to wear there home kit in any game that they play due to Preston winning the first ever championship and Reading being from the Royal county

I see your point as in some games in the past I have had to wear my away kit in my own stadium for some strange reason. I have never seen this in real life though.

However I do know that Reading and Preston are able to wear there home kit in any game that they play due to Preston winning the first ever championship and Reading being from the Royal county

http://www.btinternet.com/~rfc1871/interactive/answer1.htm

I have read that link, but I heard this story on Football Focus years back so I'm a bit undecided now. I did notice he mentions something about why not Wanderers as they won the first cup and I believe as they won the first cup England adopted there colours for their kit as there was no official set colours for the England kit back then the same applied to club sides as club side regularly would play in different shorts and socks

Archived