Howard Webb is chasing me.....

I've noticed, that in my Kingstonian save, almost every FA-cup I play with my team, is led by Howard Webb. I'm Dutch, so I get a bit of an awkward feeling about it.... lol

Anyway, if you watch such a game in 3D, the in-game Howard is bald-headed, so you can say that FM11 has some sense of realism.....

Btw the Dutch deserved the Yellow cards, and should of had a couple more reds imo, and if they played proper football in the final they would of won (Y)

what exactly do you mean with proper football? ik know de jong is mad, but who else? heitinga wasn't that bad, and the rest was proper IMO

an on topic: i've had this happen in FM10 too, but haven't played in England in 11 so wouldn't know.

Proper dutch football the old cryuff n co way. De Jong wasnt the only one, Van Bommel should of been sent off in every match, Van der Vaart was hardly in the game. If they used VDV and Robben how there clubs use them they would of won against which was imo a very poor performance in the world cup by Spain.

what exactly do you mean with proper football? ik know de jong is mad, but who else? heitinga wasn't that bad, and the rest was proper IMO

Holland played really bad when compared to their previous games. The notion appeared to be to stop the opposition playing rather than to play better than them. Dutch football was always under Cruyff at least, to score more goals than the opposition which acknowledged conceding goals.

Proper dutch football the old cryuff n co way. De Jong wasnt the only one, Van Bommel should of been sent off in every match, Van der Vaart was hardly in the game. If they used VDV and Robben how there clubs use them they would of won against which was imo a very poor performance in the world cup by Spain.

I don't think they would've won against Spain. The games were difficult for Spain as every team they faced played defensively on the counter. They probably took note when Switzerland beat Spain and thus every team decided to play the same defensively minded way. If you look at pass rate and opportunities, Spain were at the top on most games. Germany were the only ones willing to play Spain at their own game and produced one of the best games of the tournament. The Dutch unfortunately, failed to follow the German model.

Well if that's proper football, then you should watch the game Holland - Brazil World Cup 1974 Semi-final. Neeskens, Van hanegem were cleaning up the dirty work for Cruyff in rough style.....

And a few years before that, you had Feyenoord with Laseroms/israel.... They were animals

Don't even talk about the likes of Vincent Jones, Lee Bowyer, Dennis Wise etc.....

If Holland played like they did the rest of the Tournament they would of won, they played beautifully against what was a very strong Brazil side, the only player to let them down was Van Bommel who was lucky not to be booked in every single game.

And imo Germany did deserve to win that World Cup, they played amazing all tournament.

Not gonna lie, when the first foul of the WC Final was committed, quite a bad one if I do remember, it set the tone of the match. And Howard Webb had to be consistent based on his early decisions. So I think he did a great job in that game, even though he definitely should've sent De Jong off.

Archived