Ticket prices/season ticket prices

Average ticket price £36.80

Average season ticket price £778

Those are for my Newcastle side, 7th season. Won the lot, and maybe these could go some way explaining why my season ticket sales haven't developed much (stadium pretty much sold out for every league & European match). 1st season 25k, now 35k (can't remember the original prices, sorry). Stadium expansion by 8k seats seemed to cause (or coincide) with equal jump in season ticket sales. Which seems to prove my fans can count, 19 individual tickets cost 699, almost 80 quid less than the season ticket.

In comparison, same prices for Man City: ticket 32, season ticket 375 (which is little less than price of 12 individual tickets). No idea of season ticket sales. Haven't checked any other clubs yet.

Now, does anyone know how (or if) these affect the game?

Do the prices change according to success or sell-outs?

Can the fans count? According to this small data, buying a season ticket for ManCity is cheap, for Newcastle it's stupidity.

How this will affect the club finances in the long term? Selling season tickets for cut-down prices is daft, but selling them too expensive doesn't seem a great idea either.

Opinions, knowledge? Is this a data issue (no, haven't checked real-life prices), bug or just unimportant numbers that make no difference?

Also season tickets also include cup games.

I remember about 10 years ago when Tottenham got knocked out of the league cup and fa cup in the first round they entered (both away from home) the season ticket holders all got refunds because they got 4/5 cup games included in their season ticket price, yet they didnt get to go to any games.

Also, some season tickets include away games, so an 'average' price would be pushed up by those tickets.

Also season tickets also include cup games.

I remember about 10 years ago when Tottenham got knocked out of the league cup and fa cup in the first round they entered (both away from home) the season ticket holders all got refunds because they got 4/5 cup games included in their season ticket price, yet they didnt get to go to any games.

Also, some season tickets include away games, so an 'average' price would be pushed up by those tickets.

really do you guys down south get cup games included in your season ticket?

we dont get that in scotland, well at least not with aberdeen, all cup and european (not that i worry being a dons fan!) are extra, although you can reserve your season ticket seat if you want to buy tickets for the games.

To take into consideration:

It could be that at Newcastle the season tickets are mainly the better (and therefore expensive) seats in the stadium while the single tickets could be for high-up behind the goal

That would mean that information screen is showing the average prices of season tickets and tickets sold. I've always thought it's the average price of the whole stadium? But I suppose you could be right (though I'd suppose it would be easier just to code in one price which to use for finances and then call that "average price"?).

Do the prices really include cup games? I've read of "3 home games included, we'll refund if not that many are played" or 3 CL group home games being included, but just including all of them sounds a bit silly. You'll get angry fans if you don't get any home fixtures and if you get a good cup run mostly at home, you're throwing money away.

I have utterly no idea if cup games are standard - I just remember having a friend at uni who had a season ticket to spurs and he wouldnt shut up about it for MONTHS - there were posters made up about the fact they only played 40 games that season (38 league, 2 cup) and that it was the shortest season ever by a proffessional football club.

Bear in mind that the ticket price listed is only "Average ticket price" and so this might also affect the numbers.

Don't know about anywhere else, but a season ticket down here in Yeovil only allows for priority booking of cup tickets. You still have to pay for the cup games.

Also, amusingly, I saw someone's screenshot in the CSE forum where their average ticket price was about £2 and their season ticket price was about £4

I'd imagine their might be other bonuses to season ticket holders

When I was a season ticket holder for my local side (in a different sport) we had exclusive access to one of the 2nd tier seated stands (open only to VIPs and Season Ticket holders, except for big games expecting large attendances), and we got small discounts at the store shop as well

Archived