Starting a new game, a thought I had

Whether it's a good one, we'll see.:p

Obviously at the start of the game, you already have in June(I'm using England as an example) the players that your club may not have signed till July or August. I was wondering if it would make sense, or if it would even be possible in the game, to make it so you don't have these players right away. The alternative could be that at the start of the game, you're already in negotiations with these players, have the relevant transfer budget, several scout reports, and all you have to do is confirm the transfer. I mean, if I start a Liverpool games, I'd much rather not spend any money whatseoever on Poulsen or Konchesky if I can help it! Obviously future signings could be included as well.

So yeah, it could be that you're able to sign them if you wanted, no issues, but if you disagreed with your side's signings that summer, you'd be able to make different ones.

Thoughts?

I like the idea, the deal could already have been arranged so the player has agreed, funds are in place and you just have to confirm or cancel it.

Thumbs up from me, I would much rather spend some money on half decent players than waste it on rubbish like Konchesky and Poulsen!

Do where were you're coming from, think that would be good but could see there being lots of issues/ complaints about it. E.g. is a player pulls out or club can't afford the wages etc

I'd imagine that if it was implemented, SI would make it so that you could definitely afford to sign the player and pay his wages, and they'd not be allowed to pull out(though if you cancelled the offer and then offered again, that'd be a different story). Though if it was well documented that a team were spending above their means, then the manager would have a decision to make when he starts the game.

Archived