fm11 has run out of memory

There wasn't enough free RAM for the game to do what it needed to do, so it was forced to exit. Could be a bug as has been mentioned if the memory usage spikes unnaturally, or perfectly normal if you're running a very big database on a machine with (too) little RAM. If you're running a lot of other applications alongside FM it would be a good idea to keep those to a minimum as they will use up memory as well.

what game date did this happen? if you reload the game does it always happen on this date? if so there is probably a bug somewhere affecting your save

i replayed the game again,in the first game we lost 2-1 at home to man city and in the replayed game we lost 1-0 and there have been no problems with memory crashes,i dont like that ive had to do this because the game never feels the same afterwards,prob ocd but ill just have to continue anyways.some of the results also changed when playing the game the 2nd time most noteably blackpool going from beating liverpool 1-0 away to losing 5-0.

As has been said, if you are running a large database or a lot of leagues and are a few seasons into your save this will happen as you reach a certain point in memory usage. It will eventually get to the point where you can't play another match.

In FM10 with every league running this happened for me in 2018.

The only way to get round it is to run a smaller database & less leagues.

Archived