12 long shots yet all players set to rarely

Well, before anyone else gets in, it's your tactics.

But seriously, players will take a long shot, even if set to rarely, when there aren't any easy passes available. So you might want to alter your tactics or maybe get players with better movement or creativity, so that players will always have passes available. I've managed to reduce the number of long shots my team takes on, but not get rid of them completely. I would rather my players tried more difficult passes than long shots, but sadly they seem to enjoy belting it at goal.

Hope that helps.

Tactics????????????

Well im managing Spurs so i have a fair few creative players.Modric,VDV,Huddlestone,Elijero Elia,Dzeko,Bentley all with Creativity 15+

If thats the case i will just have to put up with it as even though long shots are an issue im currently Played 12 Won 11 Drew 1 Lost 0 and sitting 4 points clear.

Thanks for the help

VDV and Huddlestone have the long shot thing. That means they hit them basically anytime they get half a chance.

When I was Tottenham, I had Huddlestone as DLP away from the box so he didn't get too many chances to whack it over. And I tended to play VdV on the wing so he also would be less likely to smash it into the stands.

Theres not much else you can do with those players.

Whenever I am having too many longshots, it's cause there's too much space between my midfield and attack (particularly when playing 4-4-2). You need to get one of your strikers coming deeper to pick up the ball or encourage one of your midfielders to surge into space. Of course, if the other team decides to stick in a DM this makes it a bit more difficult and you might have more joy out wide.

I know it sounds annoying to hear, but apparently it is just about tactics. As long as your players have options to pass, they won't take a long a long shot on, so if you can modify your tactics to make sure the man in posession always has options (slow down tempo, play a little less attacking/direct) then it should help. Long shots just seem to be a slight problem on this FM to be honest.

VDV and Huddlestone have the long shot thing. That means they hit them basically anytime they get half a chance.

When I was Tottenham, I had Huddlestone as DLP away from the box so he didn't get too many chances to whack it over. And I tended to play VdV on the wing so he also would be less likely to smash it into the stands.

Theres not much else you can do with those players.

im also playing Hudd there. Wouldnt mind but VDV is 19 for long shots and not 1 was within 10 feet of the goal

I know it sounds annoying to hear, but apparently it is just about tactics. As long as your players have options to pass, they won't take a long a long shot on, so if you can modify your tactics to make sure the man in posession always has options (slow down tempo, play a little less attacking/direct) then it should help. Long shots just seem to be a slight problem on this FM to be honest.

Ok thanks Bracken

Archived